And Brewing Vets Wonder Why...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ize

Reaction score
Noobs worry...

It's because we see things like this when trying to make a decision on things...

"It is safe for use on all surfaces, but use caution since it is an acid; contact with soft metals, rubber, and plastic should be kept to a minimum."

The above quoted from the description of Star San on NB's website...

Since it's a no rinse sanitizer how do you keep contact with your siphon hoses etc. to a minimum???? :drunk:

(oh that's right, you rinse it with bleach! ;) )

Ize

I wouldn't say the star san requiremnet is on the same level as the hair dryer warning. For isntance-- it says to keep contact to a minimum, which could easily make someone thing 'but if I don't rinse it off the star san just sits on it'

Ize said:
Noobs worry...

It's because we see things like this when trying to make a decision on things...

"It is safe for use on all surfaces, but use caution since it is an acid; contact with soft metals, rubber, and plastic should be kept to a minimum."

Ize

ill translate it for ya: "it (star-san) is safe (not un-safe) for use on all (every) surfaces, but use caution (worry) since it is an acid (hippy drug); contact with soft metals (winger,poison), rubber (trojans), and plastic (not glass) should (shall) be kept to a minumum (less then a week)

My stuff has been living in diluted star san for a month now.. Star san comes concentrated in a plastic bottle.. hmmmm once you mix it with water it is strong enough to kill bacteria not erode much... I wouldn't soak stuff in pure SS and the bottle is very clear you can ingest it diluted but it might mess you up pretty bad if you drink it from the bottle

Bjorn Borg said:
ill translate it for ya: "it (star-san) is safe (not un-safe) for use on all (every) surfaces, but use caution (worry) since it is an acid (hippy drug); contact with soft metals (winger,poison), rubber (trojans), and plastic (not glass) should (shall) be kept to a minumum (less then a week)

ROTMFFLMAO!!!!!!

THanks, that made my night....

Oh and by the way, everyone make sure you look both ways before crossing the street. If you ARE crossing the street after leaving one of your favorite watering holes/brewpubs/taverns/corner bars and see ONLY one street... go back inside, you're not drunk enuf yet....

Ize

Back