Give-away 2 ltr pop bottle question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerG

Reaction score
I plan to give some beer to a buddy of mine, he's easily good for 2 qts at one sitting, so I decided, and he doesn't care, that I would use a green, ridgid, two liter pop bottle for his beer.

If beer is filled to about one inch to the cap of a 12 oz bottle, should it also come to about one inch to the top of the two liter bottle? Is the one inch rule also in affect for all other big bottles?

RangerG said:
I plan to give some beer to a buddy of mine, he's easily good for 2 qts at one sitting, so I decided, and he doesn't care, that I would use a green, ridgid, two liter pop bottle for his beer.

If beer is filled to about one inch to the cap of a 12 oz bottle, should it also come to about one inch to the top of the two liter bottle? Is the one inch rule also in affect for all other big bottles?
That should work out fine.. I've done it myself a hunrded times..I usually go about three to four finger lengths from the bottom of the cap with a 2 liter bottle. I find the best way to get the coke flavor out of the bottle is to soak it in amberdyne... It gets rid of the scent better than oxyclean, one step, or any other oxygen based cleaner that I've used.

Back