Which Barigain Fittings bulkhead kit for Rubbermaid cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested to hear how you find it? I used to have a brass 3/8" valve with SS braid (aka FlyGuy) and used to get a consistent efficiency around 75. I have switched to the 1/2" SS kit from bargainfittings. I have used it twice and both times the efficiency is around 65!

I have the valve open only slightly too.

I am interested to hear how you find it? I used to have a brass 3/8" valve with SS braid (aka FlyGuy) and used to get a consistent efficiency around 75. I have switched to the 1/2" SS kit from bargainfittings. I have used it twice and both times the efficiency is around 65!

That’s interesting… have you figured out why? I’m a hairs width of going out and getting the 10 gal Rubbermaid cooler w/bargainfittings SS kit to go all grain… Are you using the bargainfittings stainless steel mash braid? Anyone recommend something different for batch sparging?

I take it the 1/2” SS kit from bargainfittings works with the 10 gal Rubbermaid?

Back