Need help with Propane Piping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harvestbrew

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just finished constructing my Wallace Brew Stand. I want to now pipe two banjo burners (no burner on MT) and need help with how to properly construct the black gas pipe to chain up two burners....any pics, instructions, ect web links would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

There are loads of propane build threads on here, so check those out.

Basically, from the regulator on your propane tank, make a manifold with individual control valves for each burner. From the valve, use either soft copper or flexible gas line to connect the iron pipe manifold to your burners.

Here is a link to my build thread, which has some pictures in it.

Ok that helped but still clueless. So what fitting do I need on the beginning of my black pipe to connect the propane tank supply line?

You only need a propane tank with a regulator & rubber hose. Cut the metal piece off the end of the rubber hose. Figure out what size the inside diameter of the hose is, and get a hose-barb that goes on the end of your black pipe. use a hose-clamp to attach the hose to the hose-barb that is now on the end of your black pipe. You may need to take the hose with you to the hardware store to get the right size barb.

Couldn't I then just use a 1/4 to 1/2 NPT fitting with propane tape,,,i'd feel better than running propane through a hose barb fitting.

Couldn't I then just use a 1/4 to 1/2 NPT fitting with propane tape,,,i'd feel better than running propane through a hose barb fitting.
Do whatever works. You'll need a flair gas adapter to go from the propane hose to the pipe.

Latest posts

Back