The Thirst.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
In Vampire Lore, they speak of "The Thirst".

I think I have contracted the brewers version of the thirtst.
I have had a emtpy carboy for 12 hrs and the desire to brew is destracting me.

Is there any hope for me?
Have I been bitten by something from the darkside!

Sorry, no hope. You are damned to a life of forever pursuing the brew. :fro:

I bottled Saturday morning, racked an ale to a secondary in the afternoon and brewed late afternoon. Sunday was just too much of a temptation because I had an empty primary. So Oatmeal Stout it was.....

There most definitely is a brewer's "thirst". Just be careful that you don't look in the mirror one day and see this:

Count Von Count (Beer).jpg

orfy said:
In Vampire Lore, they speak of "The Thirst".

I think I have contracted the brewers version of the thirtst.
I have had a emtpy carboy for 12 hrs and the desire to brew is destracting me.

Is there any hope for me?
Have I been bitten by something from the darkside!

It's called an addiction. Some people get addicted to crack, some get addicted to sex...others (you and myself included) get addicted to brewing beer.

I feel your pain. My empty carboys mock me. Bastards. Though, to be fair, I have 25 gallons in carboys right now. I guess I can justify it by saying that I want to brew as much as I can while it's cold, because it's much easier to warm up a carboy slightly than it is to cool it down in the summer. I just keep telling myself that. :cross:

Evan! said:
It's called an addiction. Some people get addicted to crack, some get addicted to sex...others (you and myself included) get addicted to brewing beer.

I feel your pain. My empty carboys mock me. Bastards. Though, to be fair, I have 25 gallons in carboys right now. I guess I can justify it by saying that I want to brew as much as I can while it's cold, because it's much easier to warm up a carboy slightly than it is to cool it down in the summer. I just keep telling myself that. :cross:
I'm addicted to crack...

329.jpg

I have 32 gallons in the system now, this'll make it close on 40.

The question is when a keg is deceased, no more, empty, gone, do you mourn it's passing or celebrate the beer it was and rejoyce you can replenish it with fresh nectar?

Latest posts

Back