Disposable CO2 cartridges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezak1gd

Reaction score
looking for 16g threaded co2 cartridges. I cant seem to find these anywhere, and dont really want to pay shipping for such a small item.

Where do you normally find these? I'm trying to get some to re-use these miller lite home drafts, but dont want to waste my time drinking all the miller if i cant find the co2 carts.

Do these need to be threaded or non-threaded?

Best price I've found:

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php...d=1098&zenid=075a760a0756063cd3f96457e4530161

Best price I've seen in a LHBS was 12.50 for a 10-pak box. I've never ordered from chicompany though, so don't know the shipping damage.

I've used 12oz crossman bb gun cartridges from walmart before - can't remember the cost (then there's that food-grade argument). I just cut a piece of wine cork to make it fit in my charger.

Best price I've found:

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php...d=1098&zenid=075a760a0756063cd3f96457e4530161

Best price I've seen in a LHBS was 12.50 for a 10-pak box. I've never ordered from chicompany though, so don't know the shipping damage.

I've used 12oz crossman bb gun cartridges from walmart before - can't remember the cost (then there's that food-grade argument). I just cut a piece of wine cork to make it fit in my charger.

Hey, so I'm going on vacation tomorrow and the only cartridges I have are those Crossman ones. Do you think that's a problem? I mean when I shoot some of the gas into my hand, I get a oily machine smell. Do you know what I'm talking about? Could you taste that?

Thanks,
Jacob

I only used them to seal the lids on a couple of kegs before I got my tank and regulator. Never did taste anything oily.

Yeah, I read on another forum that some people said that they've used them with good results, but others say that they can taste that oily stuff. I just used the Co2 charger for the first time, so I'm thinking that may just be some leftover oil from manufacturing.

Back