Pick my next beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheKrumm

Reaction score
I brew all grain and I have made a bunch of common styles. I am trying to find something really interesting to make. Anyone have a crazy interesting beer that I could brew at ale temps? I only have the means of mashing 25 lbs of grain, so don't go overly imperial on me or anything. I normally make pale ales, stouts and IPAs. I have a belgian style pale in fermentation right now, so maybe some kind of belgian? I don't really care what kind of beer it is I just want something that somebody else found fun/interesting and enjoyed making it for their own consumption.

:ban: It's peanut butter jelly time

Interesting it is mentioned. I did a sahti but instead of juniper branches in the mash I used rosemary branches. Gave it a nice floral aspect and the slight woodsy character. Added juniper berries to boil. And I also just put a peanut butter jelly beer into secondary recently

Just noticed you said it's peanut butter jelly time so you could always scale this crazy thing up...

Recipe: 45 - PB&J
2.1gal water at 157 for mash

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Boil Size: 2.84 gal
Post Boil Volume: 2.09 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 1.50 gal
Estimated OG: 1.052 SG
Estimated Color: 18.1 SRM
Estimated IBU: 20.4 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 93.8 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt - Name - Type - %/IBU
2 lbs 8.0 oz - Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) - Grain - 79.6 %
2.1 oz - Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) - Grain - 4.1 %
2.1 oz - Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM) - Grain - 4.1 %
0.40 oz - Willamette [5.50 %] - Boil 40.0 min - Hop - 20.4 IBUs
6.1 oz - Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) - Grain - 12.1 %
1.00 lb - Peanuts, crushed (Mash 60.0 mins) - Spice

1 bag frozen mixed berries added to secondary

------------

It actually came out awesome, got a few wows (and wtfs) from my homebrew club.

Make saison or rye saison, use 3711 strain and wonder with every pint how beer witf fg at 1.000 or so can taste so great and have such a fantastic mouthfeel

I'd recommend doing a German Dampfbier. It is one of the lesser known German ales. It was my first all grain and one of my favorites. I should get another batch going.

If you want something challenging, it is time to be brewing Maibocks for spring. Triple decoction lager. Can't go wrong there.

As someone said above, a rye saison with 3711. Great stuff

Or do a sour beer if you have carboy aging space. Oud Bruin, Flanders Red, Lambic, something.

lots of getting me thinking here. I think I will take of the ideas and give them a go! I'm gonna start with a rye saison though. My homebrew store doesnt carry wyeast so i will have to get a belgian saison vial. How much rye are we talking in one of these?

go with 40% rye (dont forget rice hulks) and i would find another store with 3711 it doesnt have equivalent from whitelabs, if really cant make sure that you can ferment hot with other saison strains (90F hot)

Latest posts

Back