What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coff. Snow day today and tomorrow. Extending vacation.

Who knew that a party full of MadDog 20/20 could turn a house full of adults into screaming clawing cat fighting teenagers!

That is amusing because on New Years morning I watched a found DVD of street fighting all recorded in the early 90s. Probably the better way to see that kind of behavior.

OH NO! I kicked my very first keg :(

No Oh no! That is congrats-worthy. Hopefully you have/had a spare ready to swap in.

Came into work this morning, first time since the 24th, and i had an email i was to move cubicles... This happens from time to time here so i found my new cubicle and the lady said she was moving down stairs and needed help... So i began helping her, this lady kept everything! In the middle off the move the lady moving into my cubicle said my stuff needed to be moved and kept badgering me stop she could move her stuff, so i quickly moved it to a cart in the aisle until i could deal with it... Finished moving the lady downstairs and moved onto my stuff... Lady moving into my cube said "i have more stuff over there... Be a doll and bring it over" rather than get in an argument with her i quickly moved it.... Went to my stuff and the controller if the building said to me "this stuff has been here too long... Take care of it now!".... Glad to be back to work

Drinking coffee

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Came into work this morning, first time since the 24th, and i had an email i was to move cubicles... This happens from time to time here so i found my new cubicle and the lady said she was moving down stairs and needed help... So i began helping her, this lady kept everything! In the middle off the move the lady moving into my cubicle said my stuff needed to be moved and kept badgering me stop she could move her stuff, so i quickly moved it to a cart in the aisle until i could deal with it... Finished moving the lady downstairs and moved onto my stuff... Lady moving into my cube said "i have more stuff over there... Be a doll and bring it over" rather than get in an argument with her i quickly moved it.... Went to my stuff and the controller if the building said to me "this stuff has been here too long... Take care of it now!".... Glad to be back to work

Drinking coffee

I'd be drinking a beer after that.

Drinking coffee

Hey-Milton-Whats.jpg

welcome back to work haha

Another Coff. It's cold as crap outside.

Contemplating whether or not to brew in the garage tomorrow. Supposed to be a high of 9F.

Hittin the coffee hard this morning. Can't wait for the weekend

I can't wait for my coffee to show up. I knew it would take a while with the holidays and all, but UPS has already bumped it back a day and it will be next Weds now, if it shows up on time. So I'm on the oolong this morning. Knocking out some work emails I've been putting off. Market season will be here before I know it and I'm looking forward to going back to a full schedule without having 2 acres of produce and livestock.

Drinking coffee

Don't you just want to smack people sometimes!

Oh yea def!

Today is my second day not smoking so it might be a little bit me haha... First time having a new years resolution wish me luck!

Congrats on quitting. I have never smoked but have a few friends who just recently quit after years of it and they love it. Just dont give in after drinking a few!

Congrats on quitting. I have never smoked but have a few friends who just recently quit after years of it and they love it. Just dont give in after drinking a few!

yea that will be the true test... i am not a heavy smoker at all, i have maybe one or 2 a day and then crush a pack when im drinking... i am going to give it hell tho cause i really dont enjoy it anymore

finsfan said:

Thats the hardest part. I smoked as a "youngster" and quit pretty much after highschool. It wasnt that difficult for me lucklily after the first few weeks. But til this day after having a bunch to drink and hanging with fam or friends who do smoke its still pretty tempting.

Good luck Cliff and i hope its a happier healthier and dont forget about wealthier (more money for brewing) 2014!

Oh yea def!

Today is my second day not smoking so it might be a little bit me haha... First time having a new years resolution wish me luck!

Day two here as well, but I was a pack a day smoker. Every time I got into the car (other than my nice car), after a meal, post coital, smoked like a chimney while drinking. I am using patches and bought nicotine free vapor liquid for an e-cig. Going to be hard once I get back to my job since I walk by the smoke shack to get to my office.

Day two here as well, but I was a pack a day smoker. Every time I got into the car (other than my nice car), after a meal, post coital, smoked like a chimney while drinking. I am using patches and bought nicotine free vapor liquid for an e-cig. Going to be hard once I get back to my job since I walk by the smoke shack to get to my office.

good luck man!

i hear the hangovers are not as bad when your not smoking

Oh yea def!

Good luck guys! As a former pack+ a day smoker, it isn't easy but so, so worth it!

Congrats to you CliffMongoloid and gometz. I too quit many moons ago. About 10 years later I found myself smoking one or two when drinking. I try to have ecigs handy for those days when I want to smoke while drinking. It certainly helps.

Root beer here. Nothing special.

Good luck on the no smoking! Been over eight years for me. Cold turkey and was a relatively heavy smoker.
If you slip up try again, so worth it!
Think Ill get a coffee.

Good luck on the no smoking! Been over eight years for me. Cold turkey and was a relatively heavy smoker.
If you slip up try again, so worth it!
Think Ill get a coffee.

Congrats to you CliffMongoloid and gometz. I too quit many moons ago. About 10 years later I found myself smoking one or two when drinking. I try to have ecigs handy for those days when I want to smoke while drinking. It certainly helps.

Root beer here. Nothing special.

Good luck guys! As a former pack+ a day smoker, it isn't easy but so, so worth it!

Still can't figure out multiquote with new app so I'll just ditto Mark. Stick with it. If health reasons aren't enough motivation, do it for your palate. ;)

Thank you all..

I have tried in the past but the longest i have made it is a few weeks. Awhile ago work told us smokers that we had to pay an extra $150 a month on our health insurance if we continued to smoke. So i didnt smoke at work anymore and became a closet smoker and i only smoked at home... entially it was hard but i didnt get cravings at work anymore and only at home... which was weird to me and once i realized this i decided to quit once and for all... i really do feel like crap after i smoke a cig so if i just keep thinking about that once i get a craving i should be able to kick it...

i had a friend suggest if i know i will be drinking to get a cigar and not inhale but im not too sure on that yet.

drinking afternoon coffee

Having some sweet tea with my chicken salad sandwich. Trying to decide if it's gonna be a IPA/IIPA kinda night or Saison/Gose kinda night...

Prohibition Ale. Bought a mix a six to experience more new beers. Not bad.

ForumRunner_20140102_163005.jpg

With my new christmas present bottle opener/resealer

Edit. I guess the sideways pic problem still exists.

Back