Hooking up kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmm beer

Reaction score
Hello I just got my two cornies and I am not sure how to hook them up when the time is right. There are to spots that look like they are used for big quick disconnects? Where do I get the rest of the setup to hook up my keg to my tap and co2 tank.
Thanks Don

The "big quick disconnects" are most likely ball lock fittings (search for "ball lock" and "pin lock" on the web and check out the pictures to make sure). You'll need one for gas in (usually white/gray), and one for liquid out (usually black), along with some 1/4" or 3/8" (inside diameter) tubing. One of the fittings on the keg should be marked "in" or "gas," and the other should say "out." If you are unsure which is which, look inside the keg - the long pickup tube is connected to the "out" side.

Hook the other end of your gas line to a CO2 cylinder with a regulator set to 8-12 psi. I prefer 12 psi, but the higher the serving pressure, the more likely you may get some foaming problems.

The end opposite the black "liquid out" fitting is where you serve your beer. Chill the beer, hook that up to a faucet of some kind, and you're ready to pour!

Also of note, there are a ton of posts about force carbonation vs natural carbonation when it comes to kegging. Do some reading about which you might prefer. If you naturally carbonate, you might consider cutting 1/2" to 1" off of the pickup tube to facilitate clearer beer from start to finish.

I found them thank you, now I wait the estimated time till UPS brings me my beer is Friday. This waiting sucks

Back