new to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drinkdrankpunk

Reaction score
Hi all I am in the Army and have about 6 years till I retire and have been drinking beer for a long time. I have always wanted to brew my own and learn more about different types of beers but never have til now. I got a friend thats a home brewer and has gotten me into it (he's also the one who showed me this forum). I am deployed right now to afghanistan with my homebrewer friend so I got about 7 more months out here to read some books about brewing, ask my buddy tons of questions, and plan my brew set up for when I get home. Really looking foward to being a home brewer and learning about some beers. and drinking some beers when I get home.

Hi all I am in the Army and have about 6 years till I retire and have been drinking beer for a long time. I have always wanted to brew my own and learn more about different types of beers but never have til now. I got a friend thats a home brewer and has gotten me into it (he's also the one who showed me this forum). I am deployed right now to afghanistan with my homebrewer friend so I got about 7 more months out here to read some books about brewing, ask my buddy tons of questions, and plan my brew set up for when I get home. Really looking foward to being a home brewer and learning about some beers. and drinking some beers when I get home.

Thank you for your service, first off. It's because of sacrifices made from those defending our freedoms that we are allowed to brew beer... in an off-hand sort of way. :)

You've definitely come to the right place. I'm faily new to brewing too, but have learned a lot from the people on the board here. There is a great search function that allows you to look up just about any topic you can imagine, but if you need help, you can always post the question too. no one harrasses you about asking questions.

Make it home safe and be sure to tell us all about your beer making escapades!

Cool, I spend a lot of time on a chopper forum (Chopcult) so I'm not new to the forum thing. the beer thing should be interesting though. Like I said my buddy is a home brewer and he is who got me into it. I went over and brewed a beer in his garage one day before we deployed and will probably end up over at his house until I get a system set up for my self. also he is gonna help me with getting all set up for my self showing me how to hook up all the stuff. it should be fun and I will probably have the most expensive ghetto set up ever. for now I got like eight months of lurking to do on here til I get home.

ok so my deployment is almost over and i should be home in a little over a month. I've been out here ordering stuff online and making plans of what beers I wanna make when i get back and planning my brewstand and keezer. Now I just recently found out in June I have to move to Germany for three years. With that said all my plans have changed and now I have to plan a much smaller brew system and probably no keezer. but my biggest concern now is, how hard is it going to be to get ingredients out there. Does anyone know of any homebrew stores in Baumholder or a club or any other Soldiers in Baumholder or K town that brew?

Back