Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Big Daddy Brewing" Since I've (we've) had kids I've put on a few pounds resulting in a bit of a beer belly,my little guy running by me one day stopped just long enough to give the ole belly a shake and looked up and said-What's up "Big Daddy" ?
I thought it'd be fitting. Shane

I've been going by flowerysong on the internet for quite a while, and I'm lazy enough that it seemed easier to keep it rather than come up with something new. So as not to appear completely lackadaisical, I did use two different languages. The brewery itself is called Arrane Ornaidagh Thie Imbyl, and the name on most brews (similar to an imprint in publishing) is Chanson Fleur.

So far the brews are named in either French (e.g. Les Huits) or Manx (e.g. Lhune Dhone).

243452069-M-1.png

243452717-M.png

Brewpastor said:
I still haven't named mine, maybe it will just stay that way. I think I am waiting for it to name itself, kind of the "it isn't a nickname if you gave it to yourself" kind of thing.

I was thinking it could be The Coolest Brewery, but that seemed over the top.

I just found mine thanks to brewpastor!!!

"Nomadic Brewery"

It fits my current lifestyle why learning how to brew!

Simple story here...my maternal grandparents were German, and from what I understand, they were a ton of fun to be around (I knew my grandmother well, but my grandfather died when I was an infant). Anyway, according to my Mom, my grandfather was a joker and given that my grandmother was pretty gullible, she always fell for the jokes. When she realized that he was playing a trick on her, she'd say, "Oh - you darn fool!!"

My grandmother has since passed away, but I thought I'd use a jester as the mascot and name the brewery, "Ye Durn Fool Brewery" - to do a minor take off on the old-world spelling. An homage to my ancestors!

What do you think?

John Beere said:
Deep Six Brewing Co.

We sort of went serious with our name, just in case we ever make it big time - heh. Plus its just sounds damn cool (to me anyway).

***EDIT*** - Wanted to update this post with a copy of our new brewery logo.

4141-d6onbottle.jpg

that is cool!

UPDATE: Have decided against Floating Bottle Brewing Company, as I had earlier posted. The wife hates it, and I don't want to have to always explain it.

My current thought is Mountain View Brewing. I have a gorgeous view of Mount Rainier from my kitchen, where I currently do all my brewing.

Here is one label idea that I came up with
SL103v1.png

Well pretty simple really, but at the same time has a lot of meaning for me.

I grew up living at my grandmas house. Her house sat on a lot of land, grazing land mostly. Right through the middle of property ran a creek. While out walking with her when I was like 6 or 7 years old we would walk by the creek. One night there was a big bright harvest moon out, the way that the light reflected off the water was stunning. It is still one of the most vivid images that I can recall in my life. From that day forward we referred to the creek as "Harvest Moon Creek" which was eventually shortened to "Harvest Creek" The creek had another name, but to this day I don't think I can tell you what it was.

I named the brewery after said creek.

I need to come up with a brewery name. I'm a big Wake Forest fan, so last night I came up with "Old Gold and Brewery." Thoughts?

BeachBumDeac said:
I need to come up with a brewery name. I'm a big Wake Forest fan, so last night I came up with "Old Gold and Brewery." Thoughts?

how bout, "Old Gold Brewery" the "and" sounds funny, kinda fumbles the tongue.

BraeHaus said:
how bout, "Old Gold Brewery" the "and" sounds funny, kinda fumbles the tongue.
I kept the & because "Old Gold and Black" is such an iconic phrase among Wake fans... and I was kind of inspired by one of my friends blogs called the "Old Gold and Blog"

But yeah, I agree, it sounds kind of awkward to say

I haven't firmly decided.. but I think I'm going with "Oh Fish! Brewing".. When I was 3 years old, my dad was brewing and had a boil over which caused him to yell "SOB". Being 3, I assumed he yelled "Oh Fish!"

Well I am still tinkering with the idea, but this thread got me thinking more about it. Top pick is "Bent Pines Brewery"

Backstory is that we have a family house on Norris Lake in Tenn. The house's name is Bent Pines after the two pines trees curving over the walk down to the lake from our deck. I plan on using some scenic shots from the lake for labels.

53x11 said:
Big Ring Brewing Co.

Alpe d'Huez IPA

damn, i was thinking about that one.

i've long been considering a name with some double entendre of the word "butt."

"glass butt brewery" "straight from our butt to your glass"

there's something there, but nothing i'm satisfied with yet.

Well since I've added some cobrewers (fiance's cousins and brothers in law), we've decided to change the name.

Collectively, most of the family is Czech and the women are a bunch of hotheads. The men in the family are very relaxed, which helped me come up with our new name:

Czechs and Balances Brewery

swmbo.gif

slimer said:
Well since I've added some cobrewers (fiance's cousins and brothers in law), we've decided to change the name.

Collectively, most of the family is Czech and the women are a bunch of hotheads. The men in the family are very relaxed, which helped me come up with our new name:

Czechs and Balances Brewery

swmbo.gif

AWESOME !!> I love it !:mug:

dang...sitting here and looking at where everyone is from is almost as interesting as the brewery names.

I'm from Michigan originally, lived in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti & St. Joseph...also lived in Houston TX & Berlin Germany...now in Seattle WA...

but no brewery name for me.

Tranceamerica is for my love of fast cars (transam = trans america) and trance music...but isn't so hot because everyone thinks it has something to to with transexua.l ha ha ha.

maybe it should be

transamerica brewery - drink one and it'll change your orientation! LOL

from seattle: Jet City Brews or Space Needle Brews

maybe Spacy Brewhaha.

I"m an architect so maybe call it CADMonkey Brew

geez...this is entirely too much fun.

Drunken Architect Brewing Co. "Can't draw straight!"

3 Legged Hound Brewing. Nmaes after my ever faithful companion who lost her leg to a blood clot nearly 5 years ago. She will be 17 in June... if she makes it the long on 3 legs..

I plan to name allof my brews (once I go to all grain, so I can say for certain that they ARE my own brews) after dogs. Some examples of name si have come up with: (now I just need a good brew to match the names)

Black Dog Stout
Bitter ***** Ale
Labrador Lager
Chihuahua Cerveza
Irish Red Setter Ale
Blonde Retriever

I'm Centre St Brewing Co because that is the street that I live on and it sounded cool. Plus it is in a part of town where there was a bunch of breweries. Boston Beer Co is only here now and I am about a ten minute walk. Pretty sweet when I need to do some free "research"

IPA2.jpg

tranceamerica said:

I"m an architect so maybe call it CADMonkey Brew

geez...this is entirely too much fun.

Drunken Architect Brewing Co. "Can't draw straight!"

Well, I'm a CAD Monkey for a living also, so seeing as you're already interested in that one I won't be using that. Just as well, the SWMBO didn't like that name.

Well, I have another thread going asking for help on choosing a brewery name...

I think that right now I'm leaning towards, Blackened Brew, Brewing Co. because I'm a huge fan of the stouts. I loves me the stouts, and for a while that will be all that I brew. The SWMBO came up with that name too, so that's an added bonus that she likes it.

Fairly new to brewing and i am in the process of coming up with a name:
I was thinking either:

Underground 107 or 107 Underground (somehow every apartment i have lived in, in college, has been #107 and the current one is half underground)

or

Uncle's Underground Brewing ( one of my buddies tried one of my brews and called me Uncle)

Otherwise i live in Duluth, MN. Any ideas.

What do you think? Thanks for the input!

We're the Green Wall Nanobrewery because the apartment where we started brewing (and are still in for another few months) has this lurid ghostbusters-green wall. I'll post a picture once my membership payment goes through (freakin' paypal). It really is quite impressibe.

I'm thinking we should call our Trappist-style beers Abbaye-de-Thélème after Rabelais. We've yet to make labels for any of those yet.

Exo said:
This lake? (and yes, that is my photo):
61114743.jpg

Maybe I'll name my brewery Sprague Brewing:
62194214.jpg

I've got different angles of Bierstadt Lake if you should need one for some reason...just PM me.

Nicely done. Any retouches or photoshop edits on that or are you just using filters to get the colors that vivid?

Brewery name, 3 Half Barrels Brewing, ummm, cause' I brew in 3 Half Barrel Kegs.

I know, it was a stretch of the imagination.

I name all of my beers in honor of my son.

"K Alexander J's Fermented Barley Juice"

I'm thinking of Cornhole Brewery with the holloween candy corn as a small part of the logo. It stems from my first year playing fantasy football and my co-worker signed me up. At the time I was not that intrested in it so to motivate me she made my team name the Candy Cornholes from the end of the movie Office Space. Out of spite I embraced it and left that way for three seasons. SWMBO did not quite see the humor in it which again makes me want to ebrace it.

I once mentioned I would use something sentimental(sp) like the kids or our Boxer dog that recently passed away. But haven't yet thought of anything other than Cornhole Brewery.

what do yall think about Never Summer Brewing Company? i have designs but dont know how to put them on the forum...help?

I apologize if Kai has already posted this. We're the Greenwall Brewery. Our apartment has a bright green brick/stone wall. It's florescent. Like ghostbusters. Nickelodeon. Eye-splittingly, seizure-inducingly bright green.Why did the landlord choose to make it that colour? We'll never know. But that colour will be burned into my retinas as long as I live. We use a picture of it (toned down a little, because printers don't have ink that bright) as the background to our crest.

ThaDutchMasta said:
what do yall think about Never Summer Brewing Company? i have designs but dont know how to put them on the forum...help?

I don't know if that may have something to do with a personal dislike of the summer/heat, but i personally would enjoy about 10 months of fall/winter, so I LOVE that name!

As to my brewery name, i'm about 99% sure its Drunken Penguin Brewing, Co.

I have a logo, but its pretty big, so I'll scale it down and post soon

Shenanigans Brewery. Kind of a play on my first name (Shannon) that a bunch of my friends call me. Plus there could be some sneaky stuff going on whilst brewing and drinking!

SD

Latest posts

Back