Walking and Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno Homebrewer

Reaction score
A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles per year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer per year. That means that Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Sounds about right!

Which reminds me of one of the favorite stories I read recently - a 101 year old man recently became the oldest person to complete a marathon. His secret: he drinks about 7 pints a day:

The story from BrewPoll

Cheers,
Brad

Don't forget the 14 cigarettes a day! Doesn't drink water at all either. The pub he frequents opens at like 10:30 - 11 am, but for him it's always open. he just knocks and they let him in. how sweet is that!

That was an awesome read.

Beer is one of the greatest stress relievers known to man, and I feel this has a lot to do with it. Stress can cause many health problems.

Reno Homebrewer said:
A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles per year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer per year. That means that Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

With the brewing habits of some HBT'ers, I'd bet it's more like 7 MPG for the HBT community. Biermuncher's throwing the curve. ;)

Back