whats up with AHB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See what happens when you Assume?;);)

To be fair, when a website says "Orders placed with us will be shipped out within 2-3 business days.", there aren't a whole lot of assumptions to be made. "...will be shipped..." is a definitive declaration.

To be fair, when a website says "Orders placed with us will be shipped out within 2-3 business days.", there aren't a whole lot of assumptions to be made. "...will be shipped..." is a definitive declaration.

THANK YOU sir! I wanted to make the same point, but at this point it would just appear to be a pissing match...

I fixed this as soon as I could. Here is what the website says now:

I want my order to ship today. Expedited UPS Ground
If you place your order before 2 pm CT, Monday - Friday, your order will ship on that day. Expedited orders received during the weekend will ship on Monday. The quoted shipping rates are the actual UPS cost with no added handling fees.

I can wait 2 - 4 business days for my order to ship. Flat Rate
Your entire order ships at the flat rate fee of $6.99 in 2 - 4 business days. During sales and periods of increased order volume this shipping method may take longer. Delivery time takes 1 - 5 business days depending on your location. Flat rate shipping is only available within the 48 contiguous states. If you need your order sooner, please chose one of the other options below.

Sorry for the delay. We should be back to normal within a couple of days now that we have some extra help starting today.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Forrest

Well, and to again be fair, I think context matters a lot. IMHO it was clear they were talking about normal orders and not those where you opted for the flat rate shipping charge.

But as I said earlier in the thread, it obvioulsy needed to be made more clear.

Forrest,
Just my 2 cents but I think if you threw in a couple of 'usually's that might help a few potential misunderstandings.

Such as:
At the flat rate fee of $6.99 your entire order usually ships in 2 - 4 business days.
Delivery time usually takes 1 - 5 business days depending on your location.

I understand all of the symantics, but the bottom line is the guy is trying to do a good thing, and he is getting a ton of grief for it.

I order from them and have had no problems in the past normal time is about a week and I live in texas but they are having a big sale right now and could be backed up

I placed an order on 2/23 that I'm still waiting on. I normally would have received my order by now but already figured that it would be delayed just because of the sales. AHB has my loyalty when I can't make it to my LHBS and service has always been top notch. Thanks for the updates, Forrest.

Too bad I needed to order before my state came up. :D...I gots ta brew, yo. Just look at how sad my signature is. lol

Well I received the order I placed on 2/19 today 3/2. I knew it was gonna take time so that didn't bother me. After checking the contents I realized that I was missing 2 lbs of LME. I called and was told that yes the kit I was talking about should have 6 lbs instead of 4 but I would have to call tomorrow because they were not able to view my receipt. The man apologized and said they would make it right. We'll see tomorrow.
Anthony:(

I posted before (I think) both here and in the other "bash AHS" thread. After my last order update, I thought it was only fair that I post again.

I placed an order on Thursday, the 26th. It was around 2:00 or so central time when I placed it. Not a truck load of grains or anything, just 25 pounds of the usual, with about 10 or so of that being grain. I wasn't in a hurry, so I took the standard "we're ripping them off at this rate" shipping, and waited patiently. Today I got an order update and my stuff will leave Texas tonight, brown truck willing.

I don't care what business I may ever be in (bar and grill with an onsite stripclub would be my only option) I would never ship 25# of anything for $7.

Keep up the great work AHS.

I don't care what business I may ever be in (bar and grill with an onsite stripclub would be my only option) I would never ship 25# of anything for $7.

Keep up the great work AHS.

QTF.

and I like your business plan! :mug:

Would like to say Keep up the great work AHS, I have used them in the past and recieved excelent service. It is understandable to have occasional pangs as a company. Their shipping methods alone have saved me a lot of money with large orders. If I have to wait an extra week durring times of high volume so be it. Not to mention them hiring on two new people to accomodate the rush. Not too many companies will do that. I hope AHS grows and thrives. They will continue to have my business and support.

I placed an order on Thursday, the 26th. It was around 2:00 or so central time when I placed it. Not a truck load of grains or anything, just 25 pounds of the usual, with about 10 or so of that being grain. I wasn't in a hurry, so I took the standard "we're ripping them off at this rate" shipping, and waited patiently. Today I got an order update and my stuff will leave Texas tonight, brown truck willing.

Then this thread doesn't apply to you. I believe the trouble was people were waiting 5 or more days to get an order processed.

Doesn't apply to me? How so?

The title was "what's up with AHS" or something to that effect. Many folks have followed with complaints, while many have followed with compliments. I was simply offering my input. I thought that's what a forum was about.

Heck, if we're going to say the thread doesn't apply "to me" why not say the thread doesn't apply to the folder. Griping about vendor service isn't exacly "beer discussion" is it?

AHS is my LHBS and they're always super helpful and informative. +1 for supporting the little guys, even if they're slow sometimes. I find one of the great things about homebrew is being able to circumvent the supposed "choices" presented to us by the big commercial breweries. That sentiment translates to my HBS patronization too. I'll take the occasional inconvience if it supports small economies founded on trust and a genuine commitment to the promotion of our craft. It's just another step in the brewing process, all of which requires patience.

Heather

Heck, if we're going to say the thread doesn't apply "to me" why not say the thread doesn't apply to the folder. Griping about vendor service isn't exacly "beer discussion" is it?

If you read the small print under the title "general beer discussion" it reads "Topics not pertaining to any of the forums in the section but still dealing with home brewing." So id say this thread, although not a happy topic is relevant and in the right place.

And it doesn't apply to you and others who have had good experiences with AHS, we all know their an excellent place to do business. It was over the growing concern about the time it takes to process orders. Forrest has acknowledged this and plans to make changes.

Which shows that AHS is still a good place to get homebrewing supplies from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back