Another New From Michigan!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roman Brewer

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Brewers!!

I also hail from Michigan, Warren to be precise. I've been brewing now for 6 years. I currently have a mighty dark in color, very hoppy IPA conditioning in the keg. It's a new recipe I tried using some new malts I've never tried (Munich and something else). I guess they made the beer darker than I expected. I don't care though, it ought to be good as hell!!

I have a summer wheat beer (an Oberon Clone I call Roberon) in bottles now, but it's going fast!! It's becoming my favorite beer to brew.

Welcome Roman, I think you'll find proof of the "Great Beer State" line here. We're all over the place ;)
Cheers to the darker IPA. I recently made (and rapidly ran out of) a darkish, bitter APA (well it was supposed to be an APA but with all the hop substitutions...) and it was great!
Are you brewing AG or extract and what is your preferred LHBS (local homebrew store) in the area?

I have been brewing all grain for about 2 years now. I live less than a mile from Brewing World (Kuhnenn Brewery's Home Brew Shop), but I travel to Cap and Cork at 21 and Garfield. The guys at Cap and Cork are more customer oriented where the guys at Brewing World seem a bit inconvenienced by the store.

The pulled a beer off the keg last night and I was pleased with it. I did over carbonate a bit, but I just disconnected the gas and relieved a bit of pressure in hopes to lower the carb level a little. The beer will be a nice additional to our 24th annual family camping trip. We affectionately call it the "Land Party". There will be two other home brewers bringing batches they made for the occasion. Should be fun!!

Cheers.

Welcome, welcome!!!!!

Now that TX opened up the social networking part of this forum, we now have a michigan "club" area of HBT....Click on the link and join. (though I'm not quite sure anyone really knows what these clubs within clubs really mean anyway...) :D

Back