Gonna start working at my LHBS.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
Pretty excited about it. I've already made good friends with everyone there. I've also taught a couple of all grain classes there. It's a small shop and only one employee working at a time, but they do stay pretty busy.

:ban:

12:00 pm and I'm buzzed already. But that's totally acceptable on your birthday.

Is it a side job or your taking it on full time? I'd hate to make my hobby my job! Will you be able to brew on the job? That would be sweet.

Is it a side job or your taking it on full time? I'd hate to make my hobby my job! Will you be able to brew on the job? That would be sweet.

Just a side job. I have thought about brewing on the job. Seeing as how I brew No Chill, it would make it that much easier. I'll have to feel it out first.

Enjoy the side job man! What kind of discounts you get?

Well, I already get a 10% discount just because I'm awesome. Hopefully he'll up it a little bit once I start working there.

One thing I'm considering is buying bulk grains from him and storing them up there since I don't have any room or a mill.

I think he's excited to get some new guys in there. The two that work there now don't brew anymore. And I've heard one of them on several occasions give some pretty awful advice. I actually started a thread about one of them a couple months ago. He told a guy who was making a Heinekin clone that he could ferment at 70F no problem with lager yeast.

Well just got home from my first day. I told the owner that I would like to at least train with somebody before I'm just thrown in. See, there's only one person working at a time. I was already friends with everyone up there so it was no big deal.

For the first couple hours it was dead and I just sat and read some old BYO magazines. Then BAM, groups of people just kept coming. Which, everytime I'm in there hanging out this seems to happen. Got really busy there for a bit. I'll admit that I was nervous and I'm still nervous about working there. It will take a little time to learn where everything is and the cost of everything. Once I get the hang of it I think I'll love it. My first day by myself is in two weeks.

Great thing is, when it's not busy I can just sit around, surf the boards, drink some beer and listen to music.

Oh, and the employee discount is AWESOME!

Back