Polygamy Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of their beers, I think I like the Hefeweizen the best. But all their beers seem to be on the hoppy & dry side. I tend to go for sweeter, maltier beers. Next time you come through, try for comparison. I like their beers better, but I may be in the minority.

Is the Brewpub in the airport still open? I will be going there at the end of this month and would like to check out the local breweries. Thanks for any input.

Yup, it's still open!

I was there twice last week (two layovers on a round trip vacation). Their special was a vanilla porter on nitro that wasn't bad - a little too sweet. The hefe makes for a good morning layover/hangover remedy.

The pub is called "Squatter's" (C terminal, I think...recent name change maybe?), and it carries all of the Salt Lake Brewing Co beers, including the famed Polygamy Porter.

Also, the sandwiches are pretty tasty. Try the Bleu Rocket Chicken Piadini.

I was there on a layover as well, and was plesently surprised to find that pub. They have some really good beers, SWMBO liked them as well :tank:

Squatters and Wasatch are different brewpubs. Wasatch has the Polygamy Porter. Squatters has Captain Bastard's Oatmeal Stout. Squatters' Full Suspension Pale Ale is probably their best beer.

Of the two brewpubs, imho, Squatters has better beer. Uinta still beats them both.

I've only been to the Squatter's downtown and the Roadhouse in Park City. I've heard of their co-op but never bothered to investigate it.

It does explain one thing to me though: why their beers taste so similar.

Mmmmm I love Polygamy Porter. too bad it's 3.2 ABV. I can't ever drink just one!

This is my favorite brewing shirt! I memento from when I lived in Park City.

canthavejustonexs3.jpg

I to love that beer. I grew up just on the Idaho side north of Salt Lake. It was funny that during the winter olympics, you could not find that beer anywhere. I had heard that they pulled it off the shelves to save face.:D

Back