3/8" Quick Disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanwick

Reaction score
First of all thanks for the help on the keezer collar. I have it built and lid attached via hinge. Just need to sand, stain, uerethane, and silicone onto freezer base. Will post pics when done.

I bought my keggles from craigslist and for some reason they have 3/8" NPT rather than the standard 1/2" NPT. I am contemplating moving towards RIMS or HERMS and wanted to get my quick disconnects in order first. Can't seem to figure out best way to make it work given my 3/8" constraint.

Any help is really appreciated.

Did you ever figure this out ?? Running into same problem. Trying to get a pump setup but don't know what the best way of going from 3/8 to 1/2 is on me kettle

Did you ever figure this out ?? Running into same problem. Trying to get a pump setup but don't know what the best way of going from 3/8 to 1/2 is on me kettle
Assuming you have 3/8" male NPT threads, either a bell reducer, like this, to go from 3/8 male to 1/2 female,
stainless-steel-fitting-coupling-reducer-100x050.jpg

Or a reducing bushing like this, to go from male 3/8 to male 1/2
stainless-steel-fitting-hex-bushing-100x050.jpg

If you have female 3/8 NPT, then a reducing nipple like this (I'd go for hex).
pipe-fittings-stainless-steel-hexagon-hex-nipple-reducing-304-316-ss-det__04213.1527098581.jpg

I don't know what male NPT x female NPT reducers are called.
Note that "reducer" also makes bigger, depending on which side you're looking at.

Back