You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You go to an anti-natal/pre-natal class with and when they say "once the waters break there is a risk of infection" you immediately think "spray some starsan on her".

Hahahahah that's the funniest one I've seen in a while

Sent from my iPhone

When your fridge is fubared & you have brewing ingredients coming in. Those zip lock storage bags better seal well in the cooler!...

When you walk in the house and smell beer and think "that can't be a good thing".
Fermenter lid blew off.

that sucks... how bad was it?

Thank god the worse thing that happened to me was about a gallon of wort on the floor. I ferment under pressure and I didn't tighten one of my hoses, so wort blew out of it.

Now I have a Blichmann Conical fermenter. I haven't had time to brew for a couple months, so I tossed a hard lemonade recipe together into the conical. It's the first thing I've fermenting with it. The damn thing has been fermenting so strong, I had to re-fill the S bubbler 4 times so far... every few hours it's empty. Not as crappy as blowing the lid, but I still thought it was crazy.

I better go back down there and check it again...

When you come home and your garage smells deliciously of beer. Then you open a chest freezer and almost collapse from the stinging CO2 that flooded out of the 11.5 gallons fermenting and concentrating in it when you were taking a closer look at the airlocks.

Kill ants and with StarSan... I mean kill and sanitize in a single step.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

that sucks... how bad was it?

Thank god the worse thing that happened to me was about a gallon of wort on the floor. I ferment under pressure and I didn't tighten one of my hoses, so wort blew out of it.

Now I have a Blichmann Conical fermenter. I haven't had time to brew for a couple months, so I tossed a hard lemonade recipe together into the conical. It's the first thing I've fermenting with it. The damn thing has been fermenting so strong, I had to re-fill the S bubbler 4 times so far... every few hours it's empty. Not as crappy as blowing the lid, but I still thought it was crazy.

I better go back down there and check it again...

It was a mess. Airlock was completely clogged, and the lid was upside down on the floor a few feet away. Krausen everywhere. Shoulda used a blowoff tube to begin with, but I definitely overpitched as I was a wee bit intoxicated last night and just threw it on the previous batch's yeast cake instead of measuring out some. I think I used half a roll of paper towels so far and I'm not even done yet. And now the jug of starsan is chugging and burping.

That's me. I work full time for a collection agency, and weekends at a brewery to support my home brewing :mug:

Dude... Perhaps you didn't realize that the internet is as anonymous as you want it to be. You don't have to tell people that you're a collection agent (or an IRS agent or a mobster or an investment banker or one of those other crooks). Just say you are a bookkeeper or something like that...

Dude... Perhaps you didn't realize that the internet is as anonymous as you want it to be. You don't have to tell people that you're a collection agent (or an IRS agent or a mobster or an investment banker or one of those other crooks). Just say you are a bookkeeper or something like that...

I'm personally not too worried about it. It's what I do for a living, and i see no sense being ashamed of/lying about it.

I'm personally not too worried about it. It's what I do for a living, and i see no sense being ashamed of/lying about it.

I dislike collections agents, not because of the individual, but what they stand for, now granted yes it was my stupid fault for getting into that trouble to begin with, but I still dislike the position.

Now, if I met Rockbasmentbeer I would probably be well enough friends, long as he didn't have to call me about another ghost debt from my divorce 6 years ago...

I dislike collections agents, not because of the individual, but what they stand for, now granted yes it was my stupid fault for getting into that trouble to begin with, but I still dislike the position.

Now, if I met Rockbasmentbeer I would probably be well enough friends, long as he didn't have to call me about another ghost debt from my divorce 6 years ago...

I only deal with student loans, so you're good there

You guys are looking at it backwards. Rock isn't a "Collection Agent" He's a Brewer who also collects debts. And he has a cool weekend job.

Reminds me of Breaking Bad. I hated this DEA agent guy, until the episode where you found out he was a homebrewer, then I kinda started to like him.

Too bad they only used it as filler. Never really heard about Schroederbrau again after that.

Well, actually... In the last scene of the first half of the sixth season, when they're all out on the White's patio enjoying dinner just before Hank makes his memorable bathroom trip, you can hear that he and Walt are discussing brewing.

But yeah, Hank obviously hasn't gotten bitten by the brewing bug, as he only seems to brew every once in a while. Of course, he was a little pre-occupied with catching Heisenberg.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

When you can walk right into your kitchen and pull a perfectly tempered pint of hand crafted saison right on draft... And head outside to enjoy the weather.

image.jpg

Now that's what it's all about! Hello summer... I've missed you.

Yup. Got sunburned arms & neck today...redneck suntan! :D You know you're a homebrewer when you'd rather be bottling & brewing instead of shopping all afternoon. But as a consolation,I did wind up with a 2nd raging ***** between my legs!...:D

Reminds me of Breaking Bad. I hated this DEA agent guy, until the episode where you found out he was a homebrewer, then I kinda started to like him.
How about a "spoiler alert" next time!? Breaking Bad is on my list of things to watch. Oh well I doubt this is integral to the plot.

You drink a nice cold, perfectly crafted homebrew on a hot day after mowing the lawn, then you realize you only have 5 more left and you are 2 weeks out before you can keg or bottle your last batch. Then you break out into to cold sweats because you either stop drinking for a couple of weeks or go buy beer at the store, you then justify buying beer at the store with the rationalization that you need more bottles anyways

You drink a nice cold, perfectly crafted homebrew on a hot day after mowing the lawn, then you realize you only have 5 more left and you are 2 weeks out before you can keg or bottle your last batch. Then you break out into to cold sweats because you either stop drinking for a couple of weeks or go buy beer at the store, you then justify buying beer at the store with the rationalization that you need more bottles anyways

This. In spades. I lose a half case of bottles in every competition, so I guess I have to buy more beer!

When you get low on HB due to moving, and start rationing so you can have homebrew until the next batch is ready

When your hb is so good you start to rethink packing some to take with you when you visit family because you don't want to share.

Well, actually... In the last scene of the first half of the sixth season, when they're all out on the White's patio enjoying dinner just before Hank makes his memorable bathroom trip, you can hear that he and Walt are discussing brewing.

But yeah, Hank obviously hasn't gotten bitten by the brewing bug, as he only seems to brew every once in a while. Of course, he was a little pre-occupied with catching Heisenberg.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

How about a "spoiler alert" next time!? Breaking Bad is on my list of things to watch. Oh well I doubt this is integral to the plot.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

text in White, highlight to read:

also: Hank's recovery after his shootout with the cousins, during which he was having panic attacks, there was the episode with his bottle bombs. showing how stretched thin his nerves were

END OF SPOILER!

Don't worry, revealing that one of the characters brews is not the sort of thing I would consider a "spoiler." More like random trivia.

When your hb is so good you start to rethink packing some to take with you when you visit family because you don't want to share.

Been there, was thinking of it today for if I head out to an evening gathering of friends. Take the best to showcase skills, or take the good but not great to get it drank up to free the bottles. First world problems.
Don't worry, revealing that one of the characters brews is not the sort of thing I would consider a "spoiler." More like random trivia.
I'm not too concerned. I had a really long and frustrating day at work and was doing some homebrew quality control the instant I got home. Then naturally hit the internet afterwards. It's all good.:mug:

You start to realize why certain food items go bad.

Juice contains sugar.
Yeast like sugar.
Yeast is in the air and eventually gets into stuff.
Yeast creates wired off flavors at warm temperatures.
Refrigeration subdues yeast.

Woah ...

Happened to me this weekend. But next weekend they will be here and I'll have to share. Crap!

You smell your baby's diaper and wonder if it's done fermenting yet or is it at high krausen. (OK, gross out alert) Then you check it and think, "Wow! That has to have a gravity of at least 1.300!"

Latest posts

Back