Craigslist score and unknown part

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarheel4985

Reaction score
I got this all-grain setup from craigslist and I can't wait to do my first batch:

2735168030064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

2481171400064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

But my real reason for posting this (other than shameless bragging), is because I also came across this part and I have no idea what it's for:

2383399390064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

Does anyone know what it's used for? I have about 20 of them that came with a bunch of other kegging and draft equipment. I actually got it for free, along with a bunch of keg couplers, regulators, faucets and the two draft towers. It all needs some TLC, but you can't beat free. Anyone need 4 regulator manifolds?

2019669030064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

2441730510064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

2150895500064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

2501153950064118341S600x600Q85.jpg

Ohhh, nice score! Prices on the bits and pieces you want to sell?

Can you post the info on the label of the unknown part?

My best guess on the mystery part is that it has something to do with line cleaning.

"BLM Technologies" = "Beer Line Maintenance"?

Just a guess though, someone that's seen the backside of a commercial bar setup would have a much better idea.

EDIT: (...or not)

My best guess on the mystery part is that it has something to do with line cleaning.

"BLM Technologies" = "Beer Line Maintenance"?

Just a guess though, someone that's seen the backside of a commercial bar setup would have a much better idea.

Gila answered it above. Neat gadget for a commercial setup, but pointless for homebrewing unless you have two keg's of the same brew going back to back on a tap.

Gila, thanks for solving the mystery. There were a few other people who looked at them and had no idea. As far as pricing for everything goes, I haven't figured anything out yet. I'll post prices later today. I had planned to just list everything on eBay after cleaning it all up, but if there's enough interest here, I'd rather it all go to homebrewers. Let me know what you think fair prices are for this stuff.

My plan for the regulators is to clean them up, test them, and then list them on eBay for $100 plus shipping. It's hard to compare prices because there aren't a ton of used regulators on eBay. If anyone would like to purchase them before I list them on eBay, you can PM me. I'm open to other offers but judging by the price of new ones, I imagine $100 is fair if they are working.

My plan for the regulators is to clean them up, test them, and then list them on eBay for $100 plus shipping. It's hard to compare prices because there aren't a ton of used regulators on eBay. If anyone would like to purchase them before I list them on eBay, you can PM me. I'm open to other offers but judging by the price of new ones, I imagine $100 is fair if they are working.

I hope this is for the string and not for each regulator.

In the condition they appear to be in, i dont think they are worth that amount. I dont want to be rude but we have no assurance if they are functioning properly. I understand you will test them but a used regulator needs to be completely dismantled and checked for safety.

In the condition they appear to be in, i dont think they are worth that amount. I dont want to be rude but we have no assurance if they are functioning properly. I understand you will test them but a used regulator needs to be completely dismantled and checked for safety.

I thought I would start at $100 on eBay. But I would definitely take $75 from anyone on homebrewtalk. I'm definitely open to offers, that's just what I thought I would try listing them on eBay for.

And you aren't being rude, very helpful actually. I'm not trying to price gouge, just offer a reasonable, fair price for everything. Thanks for the feedback.

I thought I would start at $100 on eBay. But I would definitely take $75 from anyone on homebrewtalk. I'm definitely open to offers, that's just what I thought I would try listing them on eBay for.

And you aren't being rude, very helpful actually. I'm not trying to price gouge, just offer a reasonable, fair price for everything. Thanks for the feedback.

Not being rude here either but, seriously, are you talking $75 to $100 for the string or per each?

A brand new dual guage Tap-Rite runs $48 shipped. I can get them for $30 local. I dunno where you are getting your pricing from but, would be nice to know so I can avoid ever shiopping there.

I had not thought of you trying to price gouge. No worries. Let me know when you get some pressure in these.

thanks.

Not being rude here either but, seriously, are you talking $75 to $100 for the string or per each?

A brand new dual guage Tap-Rite runs $48 shipped. I can get them for $30 local. I dunno where you are getting your pricing from but, would be nice to know so I can avoid ever shiopping there.

Yeah, $75-100 for each regulator would be outrageous. I was thinking $75 for the string of 4. I probably won't sell them individually unless I can't sell them as a set.

Here are some tentative prices for the other parts:
Keg couplers: $10 each
Faucet/shank assembly (with nipple): $20
Faucet/shank assembly (without nipple): $15

PM me if you're interested and feel free to make other offers.

I'm located in Aurora and would love to come pick one of the regulator strings up. Edit: saw your price in an earlier listing. Little too rich for my blood atm.

Anyone have a need or use for the foam control things? I'm probably going to end up throwing them out unless someone has a use for them.

So I tested the regulators tonight and they all hold pressure. There is one that is missing 2 of the knobs, but I was able to adjust it with a wrench.

i'll take 2 sankey d couplers to 43202, please.

what a score! i wonder what you paid for all that...

UPDATE: All the regulators and faucets/shanks are sold. I only have keg couplers left. $10 each plus shipping. I have about 5 or 6 left. Also, I have the foam controllers available for free to anyone who wants them.

UPDATE: All the regulators and faucets/shanks are sold. I only have keg couplers left. $10 each plus shipping. I have about 5 or 6 left. Also, I have the foam controllers available for free to anyone who wants them.

Correction. It's not a foam controller. It's a FOB. Basically it's a switch to keep the lines full between keg swaps on a long draw system.

Correction. It's not a foam controller. It's a FOB. Basically it's a switch to keep the lines full between keg swaps on a long draw system.

I see. I was just going by what they called them on the website. Thanks for the update. Whatever they are, they're free if anyone wants them.

UPDATE: I still have the 4-Regulator manifold that is missing 2 knobs available. It still works fine, you just have to use a wrench or pliers to change the pressure. Asking $50. Also, I still have a few more keg couplers left and the 2 draft towers.

UPDATE: I still have the 4-Regulator manifold that is missing 2 knobs available. It still works fine, you just have to use a wrench or pliers to change the pressure. Asking $50. Also, I still have a few more keg couplers left and the 2 draft towers.

i am interested if you can send me a pic of it so i can see what's mssing...

Update on what is still available:

1 - 4-Regulator Manifold (missing 2 knobs) $50
1 - Dual Gauge Regulator (plastic cover is missing on tank pressure gauge but still works) $25
4 - Keg Couplers $10 each
25 - Empty Beer line controllers - Free if you pay shipping

UPDATE:

Everything has sold except for 2 keg couplers, $10 each. PM me if you're interested.

wow! Holy Lucky! I look everyday and never see anything that good.

Yeah, it was my best craigslist score to date. Too bad I got it after I built my kegerator. I just ended up selling off all the draft equipment, and I paid a lot more for my faucets, shanks and regulators back when I built mine.

Back