Giada De Laurentis' cinnamon beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bovineblitz

Reaction score
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...tar-anise-and-cinnamon-beer-recipe/index.html

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
4 star anise pods
4 cinnamon sticks
3 (12-ounce) bottles lager beer, chilled (recommended: Heineken)
Directions
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, star anise, and cinnamon sticks over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 1 hour. Strain the syrup into a large pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve. Slowly pour the beer into the pitcher. Stir and serve.

----------------

Looks delicious, right?

:eek:

She had my heart already. She likes beer, too?!

She like heavily doctored up Heineken, so I wouldn't call it "beer"... :eek:

I think they need to have an Iron Chef battle for beer and mead (one each)... :D Only problem I can see is they probably won't use craft brew for the beer, and doubt they'll get really good mead either. :drunk:

No battle Mead though?? Besides, that was back in 2008... Time to use some GREAT brew... :D

Also, that site is HARD to read... Really poor font choice by the webmaster... Plus the small default size didn't make it any easier... Had to zoom in a LOT before I could even try to read it...

Anyhoo... Maybe instead of just "Beer" it could be something more challenging... Strong ales for instance... :D

I still think a solid "battle mead" would be good... Besides, it would give the mead world some face-time...

She like heavily doctored up Heineken, so I wouldn't call it "beer"... :eek:

I think they need to have an Iron Chef battle for beer and mead (one each)... :D Only problem I can see is they probably won't use craft brew for the beer, and doubt they'll get really good mead either. :drunk:

The beer battle was pretty legit.

Latest posts

Back