Good dark beer for standard tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawkDriver

Reaction score
Hi all, I just kegged for the first time and got myself set up with a Sanyo 4912 kegerator (thanks to the how-to gurus on the forum). Not sure if this falls under kegging, recipes, how-to, or another topic, but here goes...

I've put a honey wheat on one tap, and I was thinking to put something dark on the second tap for a nice contrast. Anyone got a good ideas of what dark ale styles work well from a standard tap (ie no nitrogen or unique shape)? I not sure a stout would shine, maybe something like a dunkel could be fun to brew. Or is the pool pretty large and maybe the better question would be what styles don't work well on a standard tap?

Hi all, I just kegged for the first time and got myself set up with a Sanyo 4912 kegerator (thanks to the how-to gurus on the forum). Not sure if this falls under kegging, recipes, how-to, or another topic, but here goes...

I've put a honey wheat on one tap, and I was thinking to put something dark on the second tap for a nice contrast. Anyone got a good ideas of what dark ale styles work well from a standard tap (ie no nitrogen or unique shape)? I not sure a stout would shine, maybe something like a dunkel could be fun to brew. Or is the pool pretty large and maybe the better question would be what styles don't work well on a standard tap?

You can make anything- I don't have a nitro tap but I make a kick-ass oatmeal stout and it's great out of a standard tap.

you only need the nitro setup if you are going for that classic guinness on tap creamy thing. It's nice but not necessary. It is also on my long term to do list... but going to be a while since it is so incredibly optional.

Back