Who has the two tone collar....help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vtbrew

Reaction score
I was on here a couple of days ago and came across this chest freezer conversion with a two tone wooden collar. It looked awesome and I trying to show it to someone who is helping me design mine. I have searched and looked for hours and have yet to find it again. Please help...if you have seen it let me know

Is it this one?

K060.jpg

K061.jpg

K062.jpg

If so, go ahead and download the pics. I'm probably going to delete this thread in a few days. I don't like posting someone else's work. It's an awesome piece; I just don't anyone to think I tryiong to represent as my own...

Is it this one?

K060.jpg

K061.jpg

K062.jpg

If so, go ahead and download the pics. I'm probably going to delete this thread in a few days. I don't like posting someone else's work. It's an awesome piece; I just don't anyone to think I tryiong to represent as my own...

With photography work, we typically post links to pictures that are not ours and we are only posting as reference. It makes people actually read the text so that people, like me, that just scroll through looking for the pictures don't assuming the poster is responsible for the work.

it looks like maple and mahogany or maybe sapele to me and not cherry . 1/4 saw'n sapele and walnut are my favorite combo. a black base would be better for ether.

With photography work, we typically post links to pictures that are not ours and we are only posting as reference. It makes people actually read the text so that people, like me, that just scroll through looking for the pictures don't assuming the poster is responsible for the work.

That might have been possible if I remembered where I saw it. I went through a ton of keezer pics one night - here, google image search, etc. - and just saved pics to my comp that I liked. I just happened to have it saved. I understand people want credit for their work and like to give it when I can.

I have never seen a good spray paint job. It never looks even.Thanks for the bump I think we are going that route w/ the side of the collar opening.

I like it. Any more pics showing the inside?

FWIW, I used a can of black enamel Rustoleum paint and a brush. I could get it as thick as I wanted, and I could guarantee that I would have enough. The freezer was dented enough that I wasn't worried about the occasional brush-stroke or imperfection. I figured that there would be paint imperfections too with spray anyway, and the cost would be much greater for enough paint to cover the whole thing 2 times over. In the end, there are very few runs and the shine is amazing. The textured panels on the outside of the freezer still have the same texture, even with the brushed paint. I'm extremely happy with the results.

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1755.JPG

The original.

Latest posts

Back