We, mostly, all know this.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense but that was a pretty useless article. Please don't send people to the Huffington post without telling them first.

No offense but that was a pretty useless article. Please don't send people to the Huffington post without telling them first.

No offense, but that was a pretty useless comment. Don't click on a link if you don't want to be sent somewhere that you don't want to go. Hover over the link next time so you know where you're going.

I agree with Tony, its good to see this info out there in main stream media.

Hard to hover on a phone. As far as being a useless comment I believe there are quite a few people who use this forum from a phone and who also do not want to support the Huffington post.

ok, dude. Take it to the debate forum.

also, if you're on an iPhone, you can long tap the link it will show the link and ask if you want to copy/open/etc.

Are you serious? Most of us here probably knew everything mentioned there, but it's a solid article for non-beer people. This was a perfectly usefuly "geneal beer discussion" post, and you're acting like a troll about it.

I'm quite conservative (Libertarian here, thanks), so I'm typically not keen on the Huffington Post, but the article itself was solid. I see no reasont o pretend otherwise.

No offense but this is a pretty inflammatory comment. Please don't bring your political preference into an thread about beer myths.

I enjoyed the article, OP.

MoPhunk said:
Hard to hover on a phone. As far as being a useless comment I believe there are quite a few people who use this forum from a phone and who also do not want to support the Huffington post.

What sort of "support" do you think you were swindled out of by reading an article?

are you so polarized politically, that a relatively harmelss, informative article on beer is political crap, based on the publication who ran it?

Who brought politics into this? It's my opinion that the article was useless. It's ok that most of you don't agree with me. It's not "inflammatory" to post an opinion. I didn't bring anything except for my distaste of the Huffington post and my opinion of the articles usefullness.

robertfraser said:
What sort of "support" do you think you were swindled out of by reading an article?

are you so polarized politically, that a relatively harmelss, informative article on beer is political crap, based on the publication who ran it?

If you don't understand how traffic on a website works in relation to ad revenue then I guess you weren't "swindled" out of anything.

Who brought politics into this? It's my opinion that the article was useless. It's ok that most of you don't agree with me. It's not "inflammatory" to post an opinion. I didn't bring anything except for my distaste of the Huffington post and my opinion of the articles usefullness.

Perhaps you need to re-read your post. "Please don't send people to the Huffington post without telling them first. " is not an opinion, it's a ridiculous request that people put disclaimers so as to not offend your political stance against the Huffington Post. Which, in my opinion, is ridiculously close-minded and off-base. Clearly I'm not the only one that thinks so. If you wish to not "support" websites by being "swindled" into going to them, perhaps you should add a block to your browser. Maybe you should take that step to protect yourself instead of asking others to do it for you.

Cathedral said:
Perhaps you need to re-read your post. "Please don't send people to the Huffington post without telling them first. " is not an opinion, it's a ridiculous request that people put disclaimers so as to not offend your political stance against the Huffington Post. Which, in my opinion, is ridiculously close-minded and off-base. Clearly I'm not the only one that thinks so. If you wish to not "support" websites by being "swindled" into going to them, perhaps you should add a block to your browser. Maybe you should take that step to protect yourself instead of asking others to do it for you.

Would if I could. My phones browser doesn't have that option. It's still an opinion that the article to me is useless.

After reading this article, i now have the motivation to finally put that "coexist" bumper sticker on my prius.

After reading this article, i now have the motivation to finally put that "coexist" bumper sticker on my prius.

I loved this post until I read the part about the Prius. How dare you lead my logic on this way, villain? Also, in retrospect the entire post upsets my political sensibility. Cease this humor now.

this article said that guinness uses oats?I thought Guinness used flaked barley.What does the left-leaning media have against flaked barley?It was clearly a plot to boost sales for oat growers, which is a key ingredient for granola production.who eats granola?You guessed it, the people at the huffington post and prius drivers.This agenda of left leaning oat pushing needs to stop!!!

For everyone who assumes I am a right winger you couldn't be more wrong. I dislike fox news just as much as Huffington post.

Jesus, how does such a simple post get derailed. I can see beating up Huffington if someone posts a story about politics or other heavy fare but beer...come on. Anyway, I have heard most of that stuff, but it is funny to read the triple hopped and cold filtered, lol, never gets old. It is good that things like this make it into popular press to help dispel the myths.

And for those that complain about the Huffington link with no warning, chill, and enjoy some boobies....

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan_L said:
Jesus, how does such a simple post get derailed. I can see beating up Huffington if someone posts a story about politics or other heavy fare but beer...come on. Anyway, I have heard most of that stuff, but it is funny to read the triple hopped and cold filtered, lol, never gets old. It is good that things like this make it into popular press to help dispel the myths.

And for those that complain about the Huffington link with no warning, chill, and enjoy some boobies....

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V_aE_Xdde8

You bastard!!! ;-). Just kidding everyone, you really should watch this video...

I thought it fitting for someone who cried about where a link sent them :) ...and rick rolls never get old.

Latest posts

Back