pH meter recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToastedPenguin

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a well rounded pH meter, features maintainability/calibration, price etc. Tired of the pH strips but don't know where to start with looking for a meter.

Thanks!
David

Don't make the mistake I made a buy a pH meter that only goes into the tenths. Considering the tight pH ranges that we have to deal with in mash tuns, I feel pretty limited by that factor. And it's not completely waterproof, which also seems ridiculous. But I only paid 28 bucks for it and it's really helpful for making sure my Star San is still in operating range (below 3.5).

CrystallineEntity said:
I got this one. I've only used it once though. No problems so far.

Milwaukee Martini PH56

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look. I realized after a few brews that I need a more precise means of measuring pH since my tap water is 7.8 and I have to dilute with distilled/RO to adjust mineral content and using the strips to test sucks for accuracy!

Back