Milwaukee Pro+ pH Meter Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbauer013

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is a hail mary, but I somehow lost the nut on the temp probe inlet for my pH meter. Reaching out to this group to see if anyone knows a part number or even thread size for a replacement? I would hate to have to spend $135 to replace a meter when I can find a small part to fit. Without that nut the probe won't plug in unfortunately. Any help is appreciated! 1682618114852.png

1682618114852.png

Do you know what diameter the temperature sensor plug is? It'll be some standard size - like 1/8", or 3.5mm, and the sockets for those are fairly generic. You should be able to scavenge a finishing nut off some retired device with the same style socket, or at worst buy a new socket and steal the nut from that...

Cheers!

@day_trippr - good thought, I went to both a local hardware store (nothing small enough) and an electronics store but the component seems pretty specific, I'll have to look at the specifications on the meter to see if they say what it is.
Bring the meter to your local hardware store and see what fits.
Yeah, did that, nothing they had was small enough

If you can get a nut you could get a short extention cable. Take the unit apart to be able to plug it in, then just connect and disconnect from the extension cord.

This is a hail mary, but I somehow lost the nut on the temp probe inlet for my pH meter. Reaching out to this group to see if anyone knows a part number or even thread size for a replacement? I would hate to have to spend $135 to replace a meter when I can find a small part to fit. Without that nut the probe won't plug in unfortunately. Any help is appreciated!View attachment 818645

View attachment 818645
I know this post is fairly old, just came across it researching which pH meter I want, but I might be able to help. The jack on the right is called a BNC, so I'm using that as a size reference. It's possible that is an RCA jack, I can't say for sure without seeing what the probe looks like.

I think what you're looking for is a 3.5mm TS jack locking nut. The TS stands for tip-sleeve, they're sometimes called a 3.5mm mono jack. You need an electronics parts store, not a hardware store. A music shop that repairs amps and guitars would have the right one. Your bio says you're in the USA, and my searching for a link shows that Americans might call this a 1/8".

If you have nothing local, you could get a kit like this and just use the part: Amazon.com

Good luck.. hope this is helpful if you didn't solve your issue.

I know this post is fairly old, just came across it researching which pH meter I want, but I might be able to help. The jack on the right is called a BNC, so I'm using that as a size reference. It's possible that is an RCA jack, I can't say for sure without seeing what the probe looks like.

I think what you're looking for is a 3.5mm TS jack locking nut. The TS stands for tip-sleeve, they're sometimes called a 3.5mm mono jack. You need an electronics parts store, not a hardware store. A music shop that repairs amps and guitars would have the right one. Your bio says you're in the USA, and my searching for a link shows that Americans might call this a 1/8".

If you have nothing local, you could get a kit like this and just use the part: Amazon.com

Good luck.. hope this is helpful if you didn't solve your issue.
Thanks for the follow up, I ended up buying a new unit, but still have the old one for parts, so this may still work!

Back