Keg Charger Co2 Refills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiverDance

Reaction score
Does anyone know which refills contain oil and which don't? I read the crossman site and they say that the 12 gram refills contain oil for cleaning the gun barrell but I've since picked up Beeman Co2 refills and can't really find any info on them? Who uses what to refill their chargers?

Thanks,

LD

Does anyone know which refills contain oil and which don't? I read the crossman site and they say that the 12 gram refills contain oil for cleaning the gun barrell but I've since picked up Beeman Co2 refills and can't really find any info on them? Who uses what to refill their chargers?

Thanks,

LD

I've used the crossman ones a bunch of times and never had any trouble. You see, I don't think you even get the opportunity to taste the oil b/c you're not carbing, you're only pushing it, so it doesn't take too much.

I've used the crossman ones a bunch of times and never had any trouble. You see, I don't think you even get the opportunity to taste the oil b/c you're not carbing, you're only pushing it, so it doesn't take too much.

i have had bad luck with the cross-man. i think the reason i joined this forum was t/sing a batch i was pushing with the charger and got the horrible oily flavor. from then on until i got my tank and regulator i would buy a certain brand and force carb water with a carbonator cap to see if it changed the flavor i know Bed bath and beyond has food grade cartridges.

Latest posts

Back