hard tea?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkvail

Reaction score
Is it possible to make a hard tea fermented like wine? I did a search, and came up with no talk on doing this. Iced tea is my favorite non-alcoholic drink to have at home - we go through nearly a gallon of a slightly sweet iced tea a day here (my teen son also drinks lots of it). I'd love a nice slightly sweet alcohol version for myself though too :)

OK, I just did a google search and found a thread where they talked about making hard tea on this site - but didn't find anything on tea when I used this website's search feature - wonder why?
I'm gonna try a gallon of it and see anyhow.......

There are a lot of tea recipes out there, using green tea as well as the regular sort.
Jack Keller, HoneyCreek, Nick Truman and WinePress forum all have recipes.

I did a chai spice tea wine when I first started and I wouldn't recommend too much tea, at least the caffeinated type.

One or two glasses and my heart was skipping a beat :p

I like to relax with a glass of wine and this one did not fit that bill. I like the idea of the apfelwein with a hint of tea. Esp mint or herbal tea.

JMO tho so experiment away.

I found a tea recipe in a book I got with a bunch of other wine supplies from freecycle - I mixed it up and it's bubbling away this morning :)

Back