New home brewer in Cary, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosnhojr

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just started homebrewing and I'm really enjoying the hobby so far! I look forward to talking with people here. I started homebrewing mainly as a hobby to do with my dad, and I hope to start a new batch every 2-3 weeks. We've brewed two batches so far, a Pale Ale and an IPA. Next up: Hefeweizen, or possibly a Kolsch. See you all in the forums!

Baron von BeeGee said:
Good deal! You'll have to come to a GRABASS lunch sometime (if I ever find the other GRABASS'ers, that is... :confused:).

Thanks, that would be great! How do I find out about the lunches?

Baron von BeeGee said:
Good deal! You'll have to come to a GRABASS lunch sometime (if I ever find the other GRABASS'ers, that is... :confused:).

GRABASS #00001 reporting for duty, sir!

Been wrapped up with toting daughters to softball, swimming, etc. Then there's the Stanley Cup Playoffs that I'm obsessed with.

Anyway, let's get together for lunch or a brew session.

GO CANES!!

nosnhojr said:
Thanks, that would be great! How do I find out about the lunches?
Just hang out...we usually post in gatherings, and you'll probably get at PM. Maybe we can do lunch this Friday now that BOSTON has surfaced and I've seen some nibbles from the Kaiser. Walker is still MIA...

We've been doing Greenshields in Cary, which is fine with me, or I'm open to suggestions. Connolly's?

Baron von BeeGee said:
Just hang out...we usually post in gatherings, and you'll probably get at PM. Maybe we can do lunch this Friday now that BOSTON has surfaced and I've seen some nibbles from the Kaiser. Walker is still MIA...

We've been doing Greenshields in Cary, which is fine with me, or I'm open to suggestions. Connolly's?

I'm still around ;)

Next week would be a good week for another lunch. I need to have the Gaelic Ale again.

Kai

Baron von BeeGee said:
Next week or this week? Either way would work.

I'll likely have a couple bottles of Gaelic Ale clone to slip you before you leave, but they may need some conditioning time.

Either works for me, and I've been meaning to try Greenshields.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Thought we had 'em where we wanted them when we made it to overtime. Oh well, they probably just lost for the drama and will sew it up in Raleigh.

:off: Why can't I get into the playoffs this year? I used to be a hockey freak, anf the lockout killed it for me. I hardly know any of the players anymore, and I miss the Hartford Whalers!

Boston, are you a bruins fan? I forgot. I have an authentic #4 (BESTEST defenseman ever to play the game!!!!) jersey signed by the man--just got it the other day. I sent it to him and he even with a sob story of us having the same last name, he still made me pay for the sig. Oh well.

Back on topic, Beegee, I never got to brew the Gaelic Ale monday. My bro-in-law is moving into a new house so I got stuck helping. Byt the time I got back it was too late to start. Tentatively the 12th now, because on the 6th I am brewing the Imperial Hellfire again.

welcome aboard to another fellow carolina brewer! we (that is the brew team im part of ..) enjoy the board and have definately gotten lots of good information from it..

GRABASS lunch sounds good.. im off on fridays now.. and beerluvngrl has some beer bottled.. :) mine of course is kegged!

hey there! glad to see more carolina folks on board.. i unfortunately WORK on fridays .. i know totally sucks!!!

im about to brew my second batch.. and im excited...

we have mead fermenting now!

(dude.. we finally critiqued yours too! walker.. as well.. wherever he may be.. )

Boston, are you a bruins fan? I forgot. I have an authentic #4 (BESTEST defenseman ever to play the game!!!!) jersey signed by the man--just got it the other day. I sent it to him and he even with a sob story of us having the same last name, he still made me pay for the sig. Oh well.

Since this post was hijacked long ago, I'll stay onboard all the way to Cuba.
Dude, I grew up in the Boston suburbs and was very fortunate to see #4 at the old Garden. I am a bit prejudiced, but I consider him the BEST DAMN HOCKEY PLAYER PERIOD (Sorry Gretzky) ever to lace up the skates. Here is a pic of my youngest daughter, Mackenzie, modeling a #4 jersey I received from my parents in 1970 for my 9th birthday. Cool, eh?

11aimft.jpg

Well, let's say next Friday, the 9th (I forgot I have a departmental function tomorrow at lunch). I'll start a thread next week (or somebody else will). Let's tentatively say Greenshields ~11:30-11:45 to beat the rush, but we can move it depending on input.

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
GO CANES!!
Are we happy?! I had a couple celebratory Hefeweizens after the win. I can't wait to face Edmonton...we used to live about 3hrs from there when I was a kid and they were my team until we got the Canes. I wonder who the Chairman and Sasquatch are pulling for...?

Baron von BeeGee said:
Are we happy?! I had a couple celebratory Hefeweizens after the win. I can't wait to face Edmonton...we used to live about 3hrs from there when I was a kid and they were my team until we got the Canes. I wonder who the Chairman and Sasquatch are pulling for...?

I was totally stoked last night. I got so worked up I had to hit the liquor cabinet for some Scotch to settle my nerves.
I am GO for next Friday at Greenshield's. Why don't you post to all the GRABASS folks in the GATHERINGS department?
Shall we challenge the Canucks to some hockey trash talking?
Jeff

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
Why don't you post to all the GRABASS folks in the GATHERINGS department?
Shall we challenge the Canucks to some hockey trash talking?
Jeff
Yes on both counts...I was going to post something probably Monday.

However, I'm a little concerned that CC and Sasquatch might be Flames fans (not flaming fans...har har...NTTAWWT). Hopefully they'll be pulling for the Oilers and we can get a 'friendly' rivalry going.

I just made plans with a buddy to try to scalp some tics for Wednesday's game, hopefully somebody's selling in the parking lot. If anybody has a line on some we're looking to see a game or two.

Hey folks....

remember me telling you all that a co-worker and I had been talking about homebrewing and he jumped in with both feet???

Guess who that co-worker is? None other than nosnhojr.

Now I DEFINATELY can't spend time here during the day, or he'll know that I am slacking off. :D

Anyway... back to the topic of Friday's at greenshields...

I can't do Friday's anymore. I have a meeting every week at 1pm (and I'm the guy running the meeting, so I can't show up late or anything.)

Wednesday of this week is also no good for me, but that's a one-time-only thing and not a regular occurance. I've love to meet up withe GRABASShols for lunch and a beer, but unless we can do it tues or thurs, I'll have to skip it.

-walker

PS: I'll be out of town all of next week. Back to Ohio for a wedding.

Tuesday (tomorrow) should be fine, as long as I'm on the road by 1:30p (I have a 2p meeting on Tuesdays).

Back