One 10 galllon batch... two different beers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgonza9

Reaction score
Hello Brewers,

I just tapped a keg of Cream of Three Crops. I also just tapped the second keg of this beer, but this one I dry hopped with New Zealand Hallertauer. Both are great and it's wonderful having two different brews from this one ten gallon batch.

Anyone else have recipes they tend to split and dry hop differently that they just love? I'm looking for a bit more variety. I'm fermenting in a sanke, so for now, I don't think I will be using different yeasts.

Appreciate it. Enjoy a few brews this Memorial Day. I know I will.:mug:

I haven't split two batches and dry hopped differently, though next up for me is 10 gallons of a porter, to half I will add 4 lbs of blueberries and some vanilla beans in the secondary. The other half, I'm just leaving as a porter. May do the same with my Oktoberfest this year, and put scotch soaked toasted oak cubes in half.

Just brewed an Amarillo/Simcoe hoppy summer wheat with similar numbers to a pale ale. Fermented half with WLP029 Kolsch and half with Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley. Both are amazing beers. To my surprise, I actually like the Kolsch one better. I'm definitely planning on splitting more batches in the future.

It's also nice to brew with a friend and have them slightly alter their grain bill from yours or change hopping or hop types to see what differences result. It not only gives you two shots to make a great beer, you also learn a ton. Plus, it's an excuse to make more beer :D

Back