Black and Tan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pantherbrew

Reaction score
Ok call me stupid but I tried to make Black and tan on Saturday. I received this nice brolly from Bass so I thought i would use it. Poured Geniuse into glass used Brolly to add the Bass. Only issue was it all mixed together. What did I do wrong?

Ok call me stupid but I tried to make Black and tan on Saturday. I received this nice brolly from Bass so I thought i would use it. Poured Geniuse into glass used Brolly to add the Bass. Only issue was it all mixed together. What did I do wrong?

Added it in the wrong order. Bass on bottom, Guinness ontop. Oops, better luck next time:mug:

What I normally do is pour the Harp (or Bass, if you hate your mouth) in first about 3/4 of the glass. Then, using the bowl end of a spoon turned convex side up, slowly pour the Guinness over the bowl on top of the Harp. You have to be slow and easy with it, or they will mix.

Heavier gravity beer goes on the bottom. :D

BlackTan4.JPG

Oh it's going to be great to have black and tans again, just waiting for my 10 gal of Guinness clone to finish aging.

Back