Top up Water in Beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiGravShawn

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was trying to quickly cool some wort yesterday with a bad process because I was using a buddy's burner rig which nothing I had would fit in and it wouldn't fit in anything I had to add ice to. The only thing I could think of was putting sanitized ice jugs in the kettle when done boiling. I guess the heat relaxed the plastic because the tops started popping off and suddenly I ended up with about 1-2 extra gallons of water (hopefully no infection, but that's a different problem). Anyway, needless to say my OG and other stats are now way off. I was wondering if there was anyway to tweak beersmith (which I'm kinda new to) to account for this extra water so I could at least get a approximation of stats and efficiency.

thanks in advance

There's so many doohickleys and geegaws in there, it's easy to miss stuff. While double checking what it is actually called on Beersmith, I noticed a tool called "water needed" that I never noticed before.

Back