What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid question, but I am half drunk and trust your opinions... Is there a good pumpkin beer I should search out? As my six year old said, "that's sounds gross and I don't even drink beer."

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Cigar City Good Gourd. I do not care for pumpkin beers, but that one is awesome (yes, I realize that it's a homer beer). Distro is limited to the point that I'm not sure that I will be able to score any. You would have to trade someone for it, but I believe BreezyBrew lives in Tampa and should have easy access to it.

My Super Session Ten Fidy Leftover Milk Stout.

1408935663383.jpg

cigar city good gourd. I do not care for pumpkin beers, but that one is awesome (yes, i realize that it's a homer beer). Distro is limited to the point that i'm not sure that i will be able to score any. You would have to trade someone for it, but i believe breezybrew lives in tampa and should have easy access to it.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408935770.030633.jpg

Having a icon green by saint arnold. Texas common. Might have one more before calling it a night.

Earlier tonight. Prairie cherry funk- not that good. Not sour, off taste i dont like. Can fusion on the beer camp. Nitro amour xpa from deschutes and lastly vanilla porter on nitro topped off with nitro coffee. Delish. Also had a sierra nevade pale before leaving the bar.

Starting Banjo-tooie. Going to take over my free time. No cable anymore. N64 games. I find old school games more fun than new games. They hold their age and still fun and challenging.

Having a icon green by saint arnold. Texas common. Might have one more before calling it a night.

Earlier tonight. Prairie cherry funk- not that good. Not sour, off taste i dont like. Can fusion on the beer camp. Nitro amour xpa from deschutes and lastly vanilla porter on nitro topped off with nitro coffee. Delish. Also had a sierra nevade pale before leaving the bar.

Starting Banjo-tooie. Going to take over my free time. No cable anymore. N64 games. I find old school games more fun than new games. They hold their age and still fun and challenging.

I was just talking about Golden Eye in paintball mode the other day.

I just had that on tap. Good stuff

He was complaining no one notice he hasnt posted in a while. I need to bug him and get him back in the alcoholic train we all are riding.

Haha! Not complaining. Although, I was wondering how long it would be before someone wondered what happened to me. :p
Just taking a little break from posting. I think I'm actually drinking less beer as a result which has helped the weight come down a bit.
But I do check in from time to time to see what everyone else is drinking. :D

I don't like every pumpkin beer I've tried, but I admit that I do like some of them. I could not care less about fads, but I'm not going to give up something I like just because a bunch of other people decide to make it a fad. I haven't sought it out this year...yet...but Weyerbacher had one last year that I thought was very good.
Right now, not drinking anything...and trying not to throw up watching the MTV awards...rap, hip, hop, and a bunch of simulated sex on stage. And then there was Taylor Swift. Sadly, it looks like nobody knows how to do rock and roll anymore.

Haha! Not complaining. Just taking a little break from posting. I think I'm actually drinking less beer as a result which has helped the weight come down a bit.
But I do check in from time to time to see what everyone else is drinking. :D

Beer drinking doesnt equal gut size haha..

Having this to close the night. 2012. Yum.. brett

1408941177295.jpg

Previous victims to the left, nightcap on the right. Kind of burning out on IPAs so trying to get rid of all these before they lose their mojo

1408941482273.jpg

I don't like every pumpkin beer I've tried, but I admit that I do like some of them. I could not care less about fads, but I'm not going to give up something I like just because a bunch of other people decide to make it a fad. I haven't sought it out this year...yet...but Weyerbacher had one last year that I thought was very good.
Right now, not drinking anything...and trying not to throw up watching the MTV awards...rap, hip, hop, and a bunch of simulated sex on stage. And then there was Taylor Swift. Sadly, it looks like nobody knows how to do rock and roll anymore.

If you want rock and roll turn off MTV, tv or anything in popular rock. Go local and basically underground for any good rock. I dont listen to radio because its the same 10 songs over and over. Listen to my own from bands i discovered from concerts and random discoveries.

Water ... short week! :rockin:

Same here! off friday, sat, sun, monday, solid

QUOTE]

The thing with me and pumpkin and some oktoberfests are the spices, for me they can easily be over done, i am not a huge fan of cloves, nutmeg, all spice or spices like that, prolly why i dont care for hefes either, due to the clove. I am planning on brewing a non spiced pumpkin beer to see if i actually do like pumpkin in a beer.

On the coffee- i havent been to chatty lately but i have been catching up here and there.

Water ... short week! :rockin:

Over the weekend, I declared this to be a short week, too. I was doing some work on the RV and said, "screw it, let's head out Wednesday to the campground so we can get a non-reservation site over Labor Day". Planning to commute to work from the RV on Thursday, but Friday will be a "bonding with the kids" day, as I will be at the RV while the wife commutes to work from there.

Coffee now. Child on bus and back in school.

A state law was passed here a few years back that prohibits a school district from starting the school year before Labor Day. My kids go back next Wednesday.

EDIT: and anytime I am posting on here on Monday at 8:30am, it should just be implied that I'm drinking cheap office coffee.

Drinking water. Had coffee and breakfast shake.

Pumpkin beers...yum!
I guess school is back but around here kids to at all different times. They call it tracks and it confuses me. I'll see random kids wandering around during the day who claim they're tracked out. I gave up asking. I should have one of those goons mow my lawn and earn a living.

More coffee. Going to a work dinner tonight and just checked the place out online (never been there before). Good food reviews...all BMC selection.

Cigar City Good Gourd. I do not care for pumpkin beers, but that one is awesome (yes, I realize that it's a homer beer). Distro is limited to the point that I'm not sure that I will be able to score any. You would have to trade someone for it, but I believe BreezyBrew lives in Tampa and should have easy access to it.

Agree it's probably the best one I have had. Flavorwise, (if that's a word) it's not as hot as Pumpking. It is $16 for a bomber, so it's quite steep. That's more of a special occasion beer price range for me.

Drinking water.

Thanks for the pumpkin recs.

Drinking over-steeped French press.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Drinking water. Had coffee and breakfast shake.

Pumpkin beers...yum!
I guess school is back but around here kids to at all different times. They call it tracks and it confuses me. I'll see random kids wandering around during the day who claim they're tracked out. I gave up asking. I should have one of those goons mow my lawn and earn a living.

Coffee. My kids are in "Year 'Round" school, Track 1. They had a few weeks off...most of June...and started back to school in July.

BTW...get ready for higher wine prices following the Napa earthquake. Glad barley and hops don't predominantly grow on fault lines!

Coffee. My kids are in "Year 'Round" school, Track 1. They had a few weeks off...most of June...and started back to school in July.

BTW...get ready for higher wine prices following the Napa earthquake. Glad barley and hops don't predominantly grow on fault lines!

Yup. But lucky for me, I have some decent wine on hand and I've been favoring beer for the past year. Lots to do up in Napa now for those guys.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Mother-in-law is in town from Milwaukee to "celebrate with us".
Translation : Iced Tea

Back