Keg cleaning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilldeath

Reaction score
So I took my keg apart filled it with oxiclean and took my posts and piper valves apart and soaked them to. My question is, does it matter which popit goes with which post? And does it matter which post goes on the in or out? They look the same size and dimensions. Also how long should I soak in oxy clean? Oh an any advice on getting the o rings off the posts??

As far as I know the poppets are the same size. The posts are very slightly different sizes, but you can find out which one goes where by fitting the gas and beer connectors before reassembling.
I get the O rings off by stabbing them eith an exacto knife, and glaring at the damn things. The new ones go on much more easily.
If I'm in a hurry, I soak in oxiclean for about 30 minutes or overnight if I think about it in time.

-a.

Reviving:

In a completely rookie move... I first tightened the posts with a mallet and wrench instead of untightening them with a mallet and wrench... then I realized I'm an idiot and corrected.

Any chance I've done damage? It didn't seem like I had.

Latest posts

Back