Clarity brag

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Formito

Reaction score
So yeah. I know it's kinda childish to boast or brag but I'm really proud of this. My kolsch after20 days in the basement around 35f. No finings only Irish moss

adc4d19a.jpg

White labs kolsch.

I bottled a Kolsch awhile back. It wasn't that clear, and I DID use a fining agent - polyclar. It helped a lot, but that Wyeast Kolsch is about some non-flocculating stuff. When I racked it prior to cold-crash there was barely anything at the bottom of the carboy - it was all still swimming around in the beer. Don't hurt the drinkin of it though. Mine was also a lot more yellow - did you use some Vienna malt in that?

I bottled a Kolsch awhile back. It wasn't that clear, and I DID use a fining agent - polyclar. It helped a lot, but that Wyeast Kolsch is about some non-flocculating stuff. When I racked it prior to cold-crash there was barely anything at the bottom of the carboy - it was all still swimming around in the beer. Don't hurt the drinkin of it though. Mine was also a lot more yellow - did you use some Vienna malt in that?

Actually no. It's just a cream ale base. I'm hoping that it'll pour more goldish when I carb it

So yeah. I know it's kinda childish to boast or brag but I'm really proud of this. My kolsch after20 days in the basement around 35f. No finings only Irish moss

There it is. =)

Good work, sir. Makes me thirsty.

Off to the kegerator. :mug:

Latest posts

Back