SS Brewmaster Bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Anyone have one? I didn't see any posts on it. I ordered one over the weekend and I am definitely excited to try it over the weekend! It shipped today. I have heard nothing but good about it!

I'm curious to hear your thoughts as I'm about to ask da wife for one as my birthday present. Not really happy with the FastFerment and the BrewBucket looks pretty awesome.

I like mine a lot. I got it mostly because it was pretty, but cleaning it is very easy and I don't have to worry about scratching it unless I do something pretty stupid. No weird metallic flavors, no rusting, no issues with leaking, been using it for about 6 months.

I like mine too, use it more than my other fermenters (glass & PET carboys). Easy to clean and use; especially like the no-siphon aspect of it. Only negatives I have are: 1.) can't see the active fermentation or see wort/beer clarity while cold crashing, 2.) cost is kind of high considering a PET carboy is $25, 3.) and depending on how much trub I have, sometimes beer is left behind. Not really big issues to me, might be to others. I rarely get a chance to have more than one brew going at a time so it works well for me.

ss brewbucket.jpg

Last edited:
I like mine too, use it more than my other fermenters (glass & PET carboys). Easy to clean and use; especially like the no-siphon aspect of it. Only negatives I have are: 1.) can't see the active fermentation or see wort/beer clarity while cold crashing, 2.) cost is kind of high considering a PET carboy is $25, 3.) and depending on how much trub I have, sometimes beer is left behind. Not really big issues to me, might be to others. I rarely get a chance to have more than one brew going at a time so it works well for me.
So lets say I go to keg from the ss, all i do is open the valve and run it into my keg? No siphon needed at all?

So lets say I go to keg from the ss, all i do is open the valve and run it into my keg? No siphon needed at all?

Yes. SS brewbucket needs to be higher than keg obviously, then remove blowoff/airlock or use an s type airlock to prevent a vacuum, open valve and it drains. The valve body is rotatable and connected to a diptube. When you turn the valve body it will rotate the diptube so you can pull beer from above the trub. Rarely have I had trub higher than the diptube though in its lowest position. Big dry hopped IPA I did was an exception, so I rotated the valve body so the diptube was no longer pulling trub/hop debris.

I have the 7 gallon SS Brewtech Chronical Fermenter and have a friend who has the SS Brewbucket. I borrowed his bucket as my Chronical was in use. I must say I was impressed indeed. Sure you cannot see the active fermentation; but the ease of cleanup and the simplicity of transfer to keg was outstanding. I highly recommend anything they make.

You are not going to regret your purchase. But if you do, PM me and I will be glad to "take it off your hands" :D

Yes. SS brewbucket needs to be higher than keg obviously, then remove blowoff/airlock or use an s type airlock to prevent a vacuum, open valve and it drains. The valve body is rotatable and connected to a diptube. When you turn the valve body it will rotate the diptube so you can pull beer from above the trub. Rarely have I had trub higher than the diptube though in its lowest position. Big dry hopped IPA I did was an exception, so I rotated the valve body so the diptube was no longer pulling trub/hop debris.

Do you run a hose from the BB to the keg so it doesn't splash?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=446675

EDIT: With that said I wish I had a 4.4 cu ft mini fridge. I measured one at a local shop and it was 26" to the top of the air lock and I have closer to 22" max. If I could fit one in my mini fridge I'd STRONGLY consider buying one and sticking with 5 gallon batches. I would probably order the thermowell if I knew my STC probe would fit.

Thanks for the input guys. It shipped today but I wasn't aware it was shipping from Cali, so I really hope it will be here by saturday when I brew. It does sound like an investment I won't regret though. I hate siphoning and hate cleaning plastic.

I put my order in this morning and can't wait to try my first batch in it. Now to sell of my FastFerment...

Us Ohio guys know how to do it. FYI, mine shipped Monday afternoon and now has an estimated delivery of Friday. Not bad for free shipping from cali.

I just found out they sell a 90 degree fitting to direct the blowoff elsewhere. I'm in trouble with bills already. This just makes it so much more feasible.

My question is why did they make it so large? I know headspace can be an issue but would even a 6 gallon batch make that much headspace? Plus unless you're bottling what would you do with the inbetween 5-10 range?

What's that you have stuck int he bunghole for the blowoff tube? Have you found that you really need to use a blowoff for 5 gallon batches in a 7 gallon vessel?

Us Ohio guys know how to do it. FYI, mine shipped Monday afternoon and now has an estimated delivery of Friday. Not bad for free shipping from cali.

Of course we need toys to keep us occupied during the cold, winter months! I suspect this winter is going to be even crappier than last. No delivery date yet, but I'm not worried as I won't be brewing until the 30th.

Of course we need toys to keep us occupied during the cold, winter months! I suspect this winter is going to be even crappier than last. No delivery date yet, but I'm not worried as I won't be brewing until the 30th.

Very true. They are predicting a harsh one...we will see!

What's that you have stuck int he bunghole for the blowoff tube? Have you found that you really need to use a blowoff for 5 gallon batches in a 7 gallon vessel?

That is their blow off adapter kit. I don't like it really. You have to remove the lid to take it off. Lately I have been using a #2 stopper with a stainless barb elbow to blow off tube. That way its easier to transition to a s-type airlock after the bulk of fermentation. Yes, some beers blow off. I had 6 gallons of IIPA in there last week that spit out about a cup and a half of krausen. I always target 5.5-6 gallons into fermenter so there isn't that much space left.

blowoff barb

Last edited:
That is their blow off adapter kit. I don't like it really. You have to remove the lid to take it off. Lately I have been using a #2 stopper with a stainless barb elbow to blow off tube. That way its easier to transition to a s-type airlock after the bulk of fermentation. Yes, some beers blow off. I had 6 gallons of IIPA in there last week that spit out about a cup and a half of krausen. I always target 5.5-6 gallons into fermenter so there isn't that much space left.

blowoff barb

I'm curious why you're removing the lid? One of the reasons I got this is to do all of my FG sampling via the spigot and lessen the chances of contamination.

I'm curious why you're removing the lid? One of the reasons I got this is to do all of my FG sampling via the spigot and lessen the chances of contamination.

To remove the blow off tube to use an s-type airlock during cold crashing. Suppose it isn't a necessary step and you could cold crash with the blow off tube but I don't like the fitting regardless. Just as easy to use 3/4" OD silicone hose straight in the hole. I open the lid to dry hop too which is usually the same time I switch to airlock.

Glee! Just got mine and going to passivate and assemble it this weekend. I really wish now I had skipped the FastFerment and bought the BrewBucket in the first place. Especially since it was only $50 more. Live and learn!

Glee! Just got mine and going to passivate and assemble it this weekend. I really wish now I had skipped the FastFerment and bought the BrewBucket in the first place. Especially since it was only $50 more. Live and learn!

I hope mines okay. I didnt use TSP. I didn't have any around so I just scrubbed it twice with PBW, and then sanitized.

I hope mines okay. I didnt use TSP. I didn't have any around so I just scrubbed it twice with PBW, and then sanitized.

From what I've read you should be fine with PBW as it is essentially TSP, OxyClean and maybe a few other ingredients. Hopefully you sanitized it with something like StarSan that's acidic to complete the process.

From what I've read you should be fine with PBW as it is essentially TSP, OxyClean and maybe a few other ingredients. Hopefully you sanitized it with something like StarSan that's acidic to complete the process.

Yeah i used starsan. Make sure to scrub it really well. I kept getting a lot of black to rub off of the inside.

Back