Edworts idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewser09

Reaction score
So i'm making a second batch of Edworts and it is a little dry for everyone that has had it. And that got me to thinking. I'm currently making a persimmon wine and the instructions told me to buy some wine stabilizer. And to sweeten it to taste and then bottle. Is there anything wrong with using this? Or should i just use some lactose? I plan on kegging it if that makes a difference let me know what everyone thinks.

Thanks

So i'm making a second batch of Edworts and it is a little dry for everyone that has had it. And that got me to thinking. I'm currently making a persimmon wine and the instructions told me to buy some wine stabilizer. And to sweeten it to taste and then bottle. Is there anything wrong with using this? Or should i just use some lactose? I plan on kegging it if that makes a difference let me know what everyone thinks.

Thanks

Nothing wrong except you're ruining a great recipe:) Have you seen the thread on that beverage? I'm kidding about that. If it's too dry for you you could do what you're proposing.

You can also read through that monster of a thread and there is a lot of talk about back sweetening it.

Ya you have a few options. My dad just adds 7up in his glass when consuming. I would prefer to stabilize with campden and sorbate then sweeten up with concentrate. That's the lovely thing about home brewing. You cater to your own tastes!

Back