Opps...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishing

Someday I'll stop procrastinating
Reaction score
Today was supposed to be a brew day for me. My family had gone to lunch so I figured I'd get a late start and spend the afternoon brewing, so I started setting up. Decided I was hungry and ought to grill some hot dogs. That's when I found out my grill lighter is in the car after our camping trip this week. GUess where the car was...that's right...ten miles away. Sigh,
So, tomorrow morning I'll get an early start and brew this batch. It's a beer that I plan on giving almost all of it to my son. He's a big dark beer fan, and I'm not so much.
I'll post how my session went...

I lit a candle off my stove and got within 2 feet of starting the fire...six times. I even made a chimney from a soda can to keep the damned thing from blowing out. That got me the closest. Was pretty Hangry by that time so the patience ran out before I got anything burning...

And the answer would be......A city slicker lost in the wilderness, who got all of his 'survival skills' from watching shows like 'Man vs Wild' or 'Naked And Afraid' on cable. :D

Not quite, but the problem here is I didn't feel like I needed to make fire to survive today. I could have used the stove to cook the dogs, afterall.

I wasn't directing that comment at you, Gonefishing. I was merely jesting about all the stories you read about somebody getting lost in the wilderness who has no business being there in the first place. :mug:

Gotta have a plan B ~ spare kettle, spare burner, spare lighter, spare sack of 2 row, spare pound of 3 different hops, spare pound(s) of 5 different crystal malts, spare house, spare SWMBO, extra carapils, special B, vienna, munich and cararoma ....

Latest posts

Back