What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a nice IPA after packing up an EMAW package :D

2014-01-07 18.49.05.jpg

This is the oldest beer I have ever attempted to drink. I have this sent up from florida when they make it. Then I sand bag it. If I get sick it's all your faults. I am 50/50 on the whole age beer thing.

ForumRunner_20140107_200533.png

Remmy: did you reach your destination or are you still riding the Night Train? Maybe fell asleep on the tracks? :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

This is the oldest beer I have ever attempted to drink. I have this sent up from florida when they make it. Then I sand bag it. If I get sick it's all your faults. I am 50/50 on the whole age beer thing.

View attachment 170836

What is there to be unsure about with aging beer? I doubt you'd get sick from an old beer and definitely not one that's not even three years old.
I've had 10 and 15 year old beer. That particular beer sucked, but it didn't make me sick.
I'm sure that Hunaphu tastes great!

Im on 4 or maybe 5 of the HB founders breakfast stouts (a little boozey by itself, though the last couple were poured with a shot of real FBS in them). Wheeeeee!!!!

What is there to be unsure about with aging beer? I doubt you'd get sick from an old beer and definitely not one that's not even three years old.

To quote Revvy, "Nothing pathogenic can survive in beer" Cheers! Age away. They may not always taste good but you will be fine.

Different strokes for different folks. I am usually in the fresher is better camp. Not to say that one should be better than the other. It made a hiss when I opened it so I no its safe :)

View attachment 170836

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389144283.218393.jpglooks kinda similar. Oh yeah, that's the recipe mine was based off of! We have a great thread going on that, it would be great if I could link it from my phone. The thread is called "a tribute to Hunahpu", for those interested.

We must counter act the sloppy Saturdays with math Monday haha

Having this with dinner while watching some clockwork orange

Love that movie! (And the beer :mug: )

Had my jolly holly ale now my toasted coconut stout.
View attachment 170838

Is the Holly Jolly good to go, or should I wait some more?

Having a water at home while I try to figure out if the ECY-20 that sat in the deep freezer (aka mailbox) all day will be okay or not. I think it should be, but I'll probably call Love2Brew tomorrow to get their take...

It is hard to miss the head on a Huna or MZ, hands down darkest I've ever seen. It's a great thread with a ton of research and some correspondence with Wayne Wambles.

I will check it out. It says its aged on all that stuff. It is amazing. Too many variables to try and replicate.

Finsfan: I'm dying to get my hands on a Tall grass Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat! What can I offer you in trade???

Finsfan: I'm dying to get my hands on a Tall grass Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat! What can I offer you in trade???

Anything here spike your interests in a trade?

1389147141523.jpg

I will check it out. It says its aged on all that stuff. It is amazing. Too many variables to try and replicate.

We have a pic in that thread from a barrel lid with the exact amount of additions, in addition to blog posts from CCB before they were open for business describing the development of Hunahpu. Agreed, you will never duplicate it, but you will make something pretty close. I went with the base MZ recipe and added cold steeped espresso and Irish whiskey soaked oak and cedar chips.

We have a pic in that thread from a barrel lid with the exact amount of additions, in addition to blog posts from CCB before they were open for business describing the development of Hunahpu. Agreed, you will never duplicate it, but you will make something pretty close. I went with the base MZ recipe and added cold steeped espresso and Irish whiskey soaked oak and cedar chips.

Do you live near there? My mother and father live in Largo.

My favorite fizzy piss water appearing concoction. Delicious! And yes I do own cider glasses. No I'm not using them... ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389148435.069039.jpg

Back