Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uhh... really?

Must I remind you?

Alex_Smith.jpg

With that guy?!?!

Yeah I know, but our division sucks. Plus if you saw our coaching over the last 6 years you'd know that we were the worst coached team in the entire NFL ever since Smith was drafted.

Well, of course, and it sounds like you finally have a decent head coach.

From what I've been reading, though, sounds like this is all a transition year. And they may still suck, but I wouldn't sleep on Sammy Bradford in St. Louis - he'll be the best QB in the division this year, by a good margin. Yeah, the division sucks, but Bradford was a legitimately *good* QB in his rookie year (better than Alex Smith has ever been), and he'll be better in year 2.

All true. I can write this season off as a transition since Harbaugh has to clean out all of Simpletary's crap. Bradford is definitely the best QB in the division. It's just nice that as a Niner fan this is the first time in a decade I feel they might actually be heading in the right direction.

I would bet they will buckle. All those idiots up in GB are traitors and drink AB instead of Miller. Makes us southern Wisconsinites sick...

I hate them for that and let them know every chance I get. Grab a High Life and quite being pansies! Damn it!

And hey... Thread Narc... is it any wonder someone like Anheuser Busch would put the hard-sell on the Pats?? If you're a huge company, wouldn't you want to tie your company to a perennial power house as opposed to a bit of a one-hit-wonder???

Who else would they try to ink than the Pats??

... and also... may i remind you Mr. Thread Narc that the Patriots and Gillette Stadium also co-sponsor Sam Adam's Patriot Homebrew competition. It is a true homebrew comp and the winner has their beer brewed by Boston Beer Co (they make Sam Adam's) and served at Gillette Stadium during Pats' games.

I can only imagine the types of "competitions" a team called the "packers" have.

I like this SB stat list sorted by winning %. I personally throw out those who've only been there once although kept them here for reference.

Capture.jpg

Bostonians, you're batting .500 when it counts. Simmer down now with the best team evah bantah. You haven't won in 6 and you're getting old :cross:

The youthful Packers are going for .83333333333333333333 in 2011 :p

I like this SB stat list sorted by winning %. I personally throw out those who've only been there once although kept them here for reference.

Bostonians, you're batting .500 when it counts. Simmer down now with the best team evah bantah. You haven't won in 6 and you're getting old :cross:

The young Packers are going for .83333333333333333333 in 2011 :p

I don't see the Viqueens and their 0-4 record on your chart. :eek:

I don't see the Viqueens and their 0-4 record on your chart. :eek:

WI native relocated to MN by way of AZ. A bit confusing to the casual observer when the login handle is in play as well :)

Figured why show the 0 -<n> teams.

You haven't won in 6 and you're getting old :p

LOL. Why does Vegas have the Pats has the favorite to win the SB this year??

And I love the "old" comments. Spoken like someone who hasn't actually looked at a roster. They went 14-2 and lead the league in points scored during a rebuilding year.

Monday todo list
  • Go to work pretending to accomplish something big with minimal effort - CHECK
  • Call friggen divorce lawyer to suck more $ out of savings with no progress to be made - CHECK
  • Annoy NE homers on Obnoxious HBT Football thread - CHECK
Bullet 2 makes me a pissed off dude. Can't wait for football!

Haha as I expected Pittsburgh is #2 on that list. The Steelers really are old with the age being at key starting positions. The Steelers will drop down quickly next year when Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Hines Ward and maybe Chris Hoke retire next year.

BTW - that oldest / youngest thing is overrated. Really depends on specific positions. Differential from top to bottom is 2.733 years...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/19677/age-rankings-for-every-nfl-team (2010 data)

I'm also not convinced they accurately measure the guys who are getting the playing time.

With respect to the Pats, they have an older QB, but a couple of young guys behind Brady (Hoyer looks a lot better than Matt Cassell ever did). The main receivers are all old, although they think Edelman can replace Welker and they really like Taylor Price. The running backs are now young after going into last season with Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, and Kevin Faulk. Some older linemen, but Sebastian Vollmer is young and an absolute beast, and they just drafted another tackle in the first round. So, there's pretty good youth throughout the Pats on the offensive side.

On D, the defensive line is pretty old now, but Mayo and Spikes at the LB spot are young. The defensive backfield is very young and should be really good. A few veterans like Leigh Bodden to stabilize things, but they've spent a lot of high draft picks in recent years at these spots.

Overall, that's a pretty good balance between young and veterans. I'm not sure how else to look at the question other than position-by-position. Sure seems to me that there are a lot of key players, particularly on the defensive side, who should still be getting better (more than the players who will likely be on the decline).

Green Bay's in good shape, too, probably better (with respect to age) because of Rodgers. Nothing I'd like more than to face off against the Packers in the next three Super Bowls!

Blah blah age, blah blah age, balh blah.

Really??? Look up the average age of the starters of the last ten super bowl winners and then explain to me how "age" is a direct contributor.

Here is reality:
- most Super Bowl wins by a LOT in this milennium = Patriots
- most points scored this milenium = Patriots
- most wins overall this millenium = Patriots

And last year, in a rebuilding year, they lead the league in points scored and wins in the regular season.

So.... Its all cute and all for you fudge packing fans to get al giddy cause you won one in the last 30 years but... Step aside... It is time for the big boys to play.

Yeah but I hate the freaking Patriots. Is this what I am going to have to read in this thread all year? I hope not. Be fun to watch them poop the bed for the 8th year straight.

Beezy said:
Yeah but I hate the freaking Patriots. Is this what I am going to have to read in this thread all year? I hope not. Be fun to watch them poop the bed for the 8th year straight.

They will, the pats are finished. Their over the hill and overrated.

... I'm not sure how else to look at the question other than position-by-position ...

Agree. Unless you're a puppeteer GM under Al Davis & maybe Jerry Jones you shouldn't even be a GM if not balancing youth & experience in the right positions. Who wants a bunch of 0-2 yr O liners protecting your money maker QB? 4-5 yr avg age sounds better here.

Green Bay's in good shape, too, probably better (with respect to age) because of Rodgers. Nothing I'd like more than to face off against the Packers in the next three Super Bowls!

I'd go along with this. :mug:

Blah blah age, blah blah age, balh blah.
And last year, in a rebuilding year, they lead the league in points scored and wins in the regular season.

So.... Its all cute and all for you fudge packing fans to get al giddy cause you won one in the last 30 years but... Step aside... It is time for the big boys to play.

Back to smackity smack. So, last year they were the 6th oldest team in the league and they were in a rebuilding year of what; their retirement plans?

Back to smackity smack. So, last year they were the 6th oldest team in the league and they were in a rebuilding year of what; their retirement plans?

Ok Des'. Are tou saying last year WASNT a rebuilding year for the Pats??? Please confirm that for me before we move forward.

I dont wanna hear any squirming. I don't wanna hear any "Oooo. My vag is flop sweating!!".

Yes or no??

Ok Des'. Are tou saying last year WASNT a rebuilding year for the Pats??? Please confirm that for me before we move forward.

I dont wanna hear any squirming. I don't wanna hear any "Oooo. My vag is flop sweating!!".

Yes or no??

Shouldn't you say something stupid and cliche' like "The almight patriots never re-build, they re-load." :rolleyes:

Gawd, why couldn't this thread have existed back in 1990-1993. :p

I did always like Irvin Fryar though...

Yes or no??

I'm voting present. I don't care that much about what other teams are doing unless they're in my division or if they're the next opponent. Dallas being an exception of course.

And Boerderij_Kabouter stole my thunder on the Packers having 16 on IR with quite a few in valuable 1st string positions. Severely testing depth chart and winning the SB through all road games; not to shabby. Doesn't mean **** though as this is a new year starting at 0-0.

Resurrection is sweet!

PS... like I was saying to the Packer fan sitting next to me (nice guy... flew all the way in from Wisconsin)....

"HAHA SUCKER!!!!!! HAAAA You guys blow!!!!!! Have a nice flight back to the arctic!!!! Why don't you get some crackers to have with that effin CHEESE HAT dickwad!!!!!!!"

... oh c'mon...

I keeeeeeed..

He was a good guy.... and what I DID say was... "Not looking forward to playing that Packer team again once they're healthy."

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/ob...-talk-thread-132203/index284.html#post2489442

It's kind of interesting looking back in Dec/10. Moto was whining, olllllo was writing off. Most of us are b!tching about the DeSean antics running into the end zone horizontal (still valid).

And this is why I don't get too fired up anymore until the end but still love every Sunday.... Carry on obnoxious ones.

Yes. Patriot Nation is strong on da threads. Look at da badazz that started the whole thread. Get used to it or be banished to the "is my beer ruined" threads.

This is what sucks about Patriot fans. Never mind the Patriots who cheated like crazy during their run all those years ago, won't get into that but because they won 1 more super bowl than any one else in the 00's you think your poop doesn't stink? This is a what did you do for me lately league and that Pats haven't done squat lately. Neither have the Steelers who played like retards in the Super Bowl last year (Not to take anything away from the Pack) but it was winnable and they sucked. So here we are everyone is tied for last. Let's do this thing. :mug:

Wow. That was a ton of words when I think I was pretty clear on my simple request... Just looking for a yes or no. C'mon Des'. Your vag flop sweat is stinking up the thread.

ahhhhhhh......feels good to be on top

cape, your ridiculous "rebuilding year" excuse is as tired as your "barley brandy" yeast (note: this analogy is flawless)

christ, you've been laying that on since week 6 of last year. nothing screams "patriots suck so i'm covering my downside" like bringin' out the ol' rebuilding year excuse.

Back