Coarse temp adjustment on Kenmore chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiborg12

Reaction score
I just set up my Kenmore keezer and am trying to fine tune the coarse adjustment so that i dont have to buy a temperature controller. Has anyone had success with doing this with one of these freezers or am i better off just buying a temperature controller.

The eBay controllers are about $25 shipped. I put one in place of the analog thermostat and it works great. My model doesn't like the fridge cooling to be on too long, or it will shut the blower down until you upend then close the door. My next upgrade will replace the damper with a 120v mushroom fan tied directly into the eBay controller.

I just set up my Kenmore keezer and am trying to fine tune the coarse adjustment so that i dont have to buy a temperature controller. Has anyone had success with doing this with one of these freezers or am i better off just buying a temperature controller.

there is a whole thread with about 98% success. the other ones that were not sucsessful were due to old fridges without the screw, etc. no fault of the person that i remember.

Back