What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-3349446543.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Having the bit of hard root beer that didn't fit in bottles. Tasting pretty dang good. Maybe a little more lactose next time. But weighs in at a nice 8.4% abv. I love WLP001

Hmmm.....sounds interesting.
Recipe?

Looks tasty I love peach.

It is good. It is from a local distillery that I met the 2 owners. Its closer than the nearest brewery. They gave me their card and I can take a private tour if I want to. Ill probably will. The peach adds a nice complexity to it. Peach on the nose and after taste and its pretty smooth. The only complant it a burning alcohol on the nose. Might be fusal alcohol but im going to email them what I think because he ask for my opinion. It $23 for the fifth which is reasonable and cant wait to try others. Especially the single barrel. They have a vodka and moonshine too. Love to see new distilleries around. Its the only in Houston right now.

It is good. It is from a local distillery that I met the 2 owners. Its closer than the nearest brewery. They gave me their card and I can take a private tour if I want to. Ill probably will. The peach adds a nice complexity to it. Peach on the nose and after taste and its pretty smooth. The only complant it a burning alcohol on the nose. Might be fusal alcohol but im going to email them what I think because he ask for my opinion. It $23 for the fifth which is reasonable and cant wait to try others. Especially the single barrel. They have a vodka and moonshine too. Love to see new distilleries around. Its the only in Houston right now.

$23 not a bad price

DisturbdChemist said:

That must be the one I've heard radio commercials for recently. I'll have to check them out.

New Castle Founders Ale.

Pretty good beer. Found it yesterday at Publix. The malt really comes out in this beer. Very flavorful.

A peach wheat and its okay might need some dry hops in the keg. Sound brewery Monks Indescretion next may or may not get a buzz on.

Me -n- da wife just drank the last bottle of Lounge Lemon Lime Margarita I made just after Xmas 2012. Then we polished off nearly a flask of O'Darby's that was sitting in the fridge.

I'm feeling pretty decent right about now.

WesleyS said:
Caramel Apple Hard Cider.

I just came across that thread a few days ago. Now my wife wants me to make it. I must admit, after trying some of her hard ciders she buys, I am somewhat looking forward to trying this. Did you keg this brew, or did you bottle and pasteurize?

My APA and ESB earlier. Decided to pull this out. People said it was too young when I bought it about a year ago, so I held on to it. Got a nice Brett character to it (which everything I've read said was really lacking when young) and tasty enough, but still not as good as I'd hoped it would be with both Sierra Nevada and Russian River attached to it.

20130714_223800[1].jpg

tyzippers said:
I just came across that thread a few days ago. Now my wife wants me to make it. I must admit, after trying some of her hard ciders she buys, I am somewhat looking forward to trying this. Did you keg this brew, or did you bottle and pasteurize?

I bottled and planned on pasteurizing. But 2 out of the first 4 bottles I put in the pot to pasteurize blew up and I could see the other two venting out of the cap. So I pulled the plug on that plan, uncapped all the bottles to relieve the pressure, recapped and put them all in the fridge. Next time I'll stabilize the batch, keg it, and then bottle from the keg.
It's a long thread to read through, but if you haven't read much of it, there's a revised recipe in post #420. That's the one I went by.
It's pretty good, but next time I'll add more cinnamon extract.

Thanks all!! :) feels good!

Now I'm onto a rye rebellion... at 11% I'm going to sip it and got sent another in a trade. Aging that one! Excited to see it in 2-3 years!

ForumRunner_20130714_195850.jpg

Back