Quick please help bottling emergency

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywit

Reaction score
I just bottled an ipa, when i got done and went to clean my bucket noticed that my priming solution had hardened and all of it was still stuck to the bottem of the bucket like one big peice of candy....what should i do????????

how concentrated was your priming solution (sugar/water ratio)? Do you really cook it long enough to reach the soft/hard ball stage?

Are you sure it was the priming solution?

If the sugar is still in the bucket, there isn't enough in the bottles.
You will have to uncap and redo the priming and bottling.
Otherwise you will just have flat beer.

If you're sure none of your priming sugar solution was dissolved into your beer I'd use some carb tabs. Uncap your beer, pop however many the instructions advice and recap.

If you're not sure if any sugar was dissolved into your beer I would give it some time to ferment out to be safe, test a couple bottles and see how many, if any, carb tabs you'd need.

You might be able to check the amount of sugar that dissolved into the beer by your SG measurements.

If you have an SG reading (temperature corrected) before the addition of the priming solution there should be aprox. 0.002 increase in the SG if 5 oz of corn sugar were dissolved.

That is of course all dependent on how accurately you've measure the gravity.

Back