Hello from Cocoa,Fl.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burch

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks for letting me in your forum. I`m new to this sport and look forward to gaining some great info from you fine folks and fellow beer drinkers. I have`nt even started my first batch yet but i`m collecting my equipment and can`t wait to taste my first home brew. I`ve spent the last month getting some insight on what the process is, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Burch :ban:

No I really haven`t decided which one to brew first. I drink Michelob Lager and know not to start out with a lager but would like a nice tasting beer to start with. I`m still in the process of building a starter kit and was thinking of a better bottle or glass carboy for my fermenter and was wondering what would be a good bottling bucket. I`ve heard good and bad things on plastic buckets.

burch

Plastic buckets for bottling are just fine. The only major concern with any kind of plastic is scratching, and it's pretty easy to avoid.

For primary/secondary I am a Better Bottle guy myself. They are light, easy to clean, and you don't ever have to worry about broken glass. :rockin:

Back