Beer Regulator Gauge is stuck on backing metal.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
Somewhere between the LHBS and my house, the regulator gauge on my keg had an incident. The circular metal background that displays the actual #'s of PSI bent towards the glass. So now when the needle gets up to around 30, it hits the metal and won't budge past it.

I haven't found a way to open the gauge up to bend it back into place...any ideas?

Stevorino said:
Somewhere between the LHBS and my house, the regulator gauge on my keg had an incident. The circular metal background that displays the actual #'s of PSI bent towards the glass. So now when the needle gets up to around 30, it hits the metal and won't budge past it.

I haven't found a way to open the gauge up to bend it back into place...any ideas?

Been there, done that. It ususally happens after a number of beers have gone through quality control.

Either pull the face off as it will be clipped on, or unscrew it. If neither can be done, just spend the $12 for a new one.

Oh, I would just remove the face forcibly in the time being and use the guage without the plastic until you get a new one. As long as you don't hit the needle or get something stuck in there you'll be ok.

MikeInCtown said:
Either pull the face off as it will be clipped on, or unscrew it. If neither can be done, just spend the $12 for a new one.

Oh, I would just remove the face forcibly in the time being and use the guage without the plastic until you get a new one. As long as you don't hit the needle or get something stuck in there you'll be ok.

Sweet, I didn't realize I could get a new gauge for the regulator...I figured it was all one piece. Thanks.

Back