Regulator gauge not dropping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Novacor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I moved into a new place a few months ago and just finally got around to brewing and getting my kegerator set back up. While I was purging the headspace in my first keg I noticed that the needle on my low pressure gauge stayed at 35 psi even once I pulled the relief valve on the keg. I got it to drop back down to zero by turning off the gas and releasing all the pressure.

I'm not sure if it got bumped or something during the move. It still will let me bring it up to a set pressure, but the needle won't drop when the pressure is released.

My question is can I trust the reading on it right now? I've got it set at 12 psi to carbonate slowly at serving pressure. Should I be running out to my LHBS for a new regulator right away, or should I be ok for a while?

I've noticed that happen when a cylinder is moved sometimes, and figured out that if you have a full tank and it's too moved or jarred, you can get a bit of liquid CO2 in the regulator which will maintain or even appear to raise the pressure until it evaporates. Just let it sit a minute or so and purge it, preferably from the outlet.
:mug:

Latest posts

Back