few questions and good link

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carsick

Reaction score
how long should the tea bags be left to boil in the pan for ideally? i recall hearing 20 minutes . i want to know that its kombucha makin me feel good and not OD of caffeine.

im currently brewing about 24 liters at a time , and getting through it in jus over 2 weeks , so not enough time for it to brew to the strength i want. so im getting another 25 liter tub so i can rotate them and leave them to brew for longer. ive tried some very strong kombucha , is there any danger in consuming too much high strength , very acidy kombucha? i drank a liter the other morning , felt wrong drinking it but felt really good after , no acid indigestion.

i like this link http://kefir.wikidot.com/kombucha

how long should the tea bags be left to boil in the pan for ideally? i recall hearing 20 minutes . i want to know that its kombucha makin me feel good and not OD of caffeine.

First of all, don't boil the tea bags. Don't boil the water longer than necessary as this depletes the oxygen. Once your sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat and put in your tea bags. I use 30 minutes as a rule of thumb, but it's not that critical. I've forgotten, gone to sleep and got up the next morning with my tea bags still in the pot. It still turned out fine.

is there any danger in consuming too much high strength , very acidy kombucha?l

If your system can take it and you feel fine after drinking it, you're golden.

Back