Happy Saint Patricks day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redman67

Reaction score
Having the annual party this Saturday night 45 gallons ready to go
anyone else?

I am celebrating.

To be drank (Commercial):
1- RR/PTE
1- Rouge/Irish lager
1- O'hara's/ 20th anniversary stout
1 - SN/2011 Bigfoot
1- Founder's/ Breakfast stout
2- Founder's imperial stouts
3- Guinness+Harp/ Black and tans
2- DFH/90 min

To be drank (Home Brew):
1- Mulberry oatmeal stout (To be had with my Guinness lamb stew and Irish soda bread for lunch)
1- 1st HB batch ever (Made with dad)
1- SWMBO Wheat
1 or more- Whiskey Barrel IIPA (as needed)

I will also be heading to the bar for dinner (corn beef and cabbage) and some drinks there...They have my 18 year Jamo. I will be finishing my normal and 12 year Jamo with 1 oz left of each. Needless to say I may be slightly intoxicated by the time I return home (quite possibly by the time I leave :eek: )I have a designated driver. Be safe and have a happy St. Pats to you all!

I'm currently deployed to southwest Asia, so the only partying I do is drinking my 3 limit of beer. But its Guinness, so it could be worse I suppose lol.

Brewer's Best Irish Stout on tap and the ingredients for a gigantic vat of Irish Stew (not that fake-irish corned beef n cabbage stuff!) ready for my party on Sunday.

Slainte!:mug:

Corned Beef (there is nothing fake about it :) ) and my Oatmeal Stout. Nice and quiet dinner with my family.

Sláinte :mug:

Got the corned beef and cabbage in the crock and a four-pack of Youngs double chocalate stout for desert. Oh and I am wearing my green Guiness t-shirt at work today.

So far,some corned beef-n-cabbage with tatters & some amber bock. Maybe have to get more beer later. I'm working on boiling the labels off a few cases of empties for Sunday.

I "celebrated" the Day by bottling a 5 gallon batch of Irish Red Ale. Now, if I can ever think/plan ahead...I should have brewed it two weeks before I actually did...then, I could actually DRINK some Irish Red Ale rather than only bottling it! Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day to all. And I'll wear orange, thank you.

glenn514:mug:

I just got back from visiting a buddy of mine. We went to an Irish bar here in Louisville (Molly Malone's, Highlands). We started early, opening the tab at 9:55 am., first ones there, a few guinness pints in plastic cups and SNPA, along with bangers and mash for me. Crowd started rolling in around 11 am. Six dollar pints is all the reason to homebrew.

Good to catch up, but next year St. Patty (not St. Paddie, of course) celebration will be at home, with ESB and Blackberry wine, and whatever goes on the smoker.

Six dollar pints is all the reason to homebrew.

Wow, I think you are drinking in the wrong bar $6 for a pint!:mad: GG I would never be able to go out...someone needs to come in with a sheleighly and have some price adjustments...I am headed out for $3 pints of O'haras red and whatever else I feel like tasting. I did recently pay $6 for a 750ml of the O'haras stout that came in a flip-top but that is almost 2 pints...and I got to keep the bottle!

FYI I refuse to drink out of trash...we all should...:rockin:

photo87.JPG

My Port Barrel Chocolate Stout! (Yes, it's in a Pinot Noir glass)

Back