How would this work for full Extract bathes outside?? HELP!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought several of those Morrone turkey fryers on closeout at Lowe's a few years ago for $20 each. Here's the scoop. They will work, but IMO there are better cookers for the money. The porcelain enameled pots are not very durable. One chip out of the interior porcelain and your beer will be exposed to bare steel. This is not good. The steel will rust and corrode when exposed and there's a good chance it could affect the taste of the beer. Secondly, the burner grate is recessed inside the rather narrow square sides of the burner stand. This limits the diameter of the pot you can use, however, there is a simple work around for this. All you need to do is lift the grate and turn it 45 degrees so that it rests on top of the frame instead of inside it. Works like a champ. Now then, the cast iron burner is a cup diffuser type. These are not the most efficient and the flame control is not real good at low levels. OTOH, there are a lot of them in use and for just boiling wort it will get the job done. On a positive note, the regulator supplied with the Morrone burners is a very nice adjustable pressure (0-10 psi) unit. The regulator/hose/orifice assembly alone was worth the $20 I paid for these. I actually bought seven of these units. All they had in stock at the close out. I sold them to my buddies at cost and gave several away to friends.

Here's a much better burner for just a little more. This one is very popular with home brewers: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/bay...burner-outdoor-patio-stove-range/554SQ14.html

Back