flip tops for any bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrtt78

Reaction score
i saw i guy on the internet selling flip tops that fit regular bottles. i thought the grolsch-style bottles had a wider neck? can you buy just the tops and make any bottle a flip top? i cant find the website but if you can really do taht i would love it!

Do you have this guy's link?

All the flippies that I've seen have had a couple of indentations molded into the glass that hold the clasp.

- magno

I know you used to be able to get flip top style caps for glass crown soda bottles so they wouldn't go flat if you put them back in the fridge. No idea where you can find them now since glass soda bottles are a rarity nowadays. I think my parents still have a bunch of them in a drawer, but the rubber gaskets on them are shot to hell and would have to be replaced.

Buford said:
I know you used to be able to get flip top style caps for glass crown soda bottles so they wouldn't go flat if you put them back in the fridge. No idea where you can find them now since glass soda bottles are a rarity nowadays. I think my parents still have a bunch of them in a drawer, but the rubber gaskets on them are shot to hell and would have to be replaced.

They used to make a flip type seal for 2 liter bottles as well. You would stick it in the bottle like a cork and flip a lever over. The lever would cause the seal to expand inside the neck of the bottle. I wonder if a similiar, but smaller device would work for glass bottles. I think they have something similiar for wine bottles.

Back