Where to buy bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derbrew

Reaction score
What is the best store/website to buy bottles from? I would specifically like to find a 750ml clear flip top like this one pictured. Have found 2 sites with them but they wont ship outside of Canada.

20221018_214916.jpg

Those clear bottles aren't ideal for beer because they risk skunking.

Homebrew shops (in the US) tend to sell what breweries use because it's easier to get those bottles from brewery/homebrew wholesalers. I don't know of any domestic breweries using that shape with a swingtop in any glass color. Somebody mentioned above lemonade. You can find some more expensive carbonated beverages in these types of bottles, especially imports. In other countries glass isn't always treated as a one use vessel so they tend to use thicker glass like this. Your best bet to find them outside of finding an outrageously expensive import is hunt around your specialty grocers and enjoy the contents.

Ask around on Craigs List or other local sites, someone has Grolsch Bottles saved up and wants to start kegging. That's how I ended up with over 200 green and brown ones plus a few cases of German beer bottles, all swing tops.
Got them all for less than $10/case, And now I'm kegging and they are just in the way

Back